• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant drag & drop to create new layer in new CC 18 [Edited for brevity]

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of photoshop CC.  I have been working on layering photos.  It was working very well and all of a sudden, it stopped working.  I used to be able to drag one photo and drop it onto the other and it would create a new laye...

PhotoShop.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joeyo,

I have tested the same at my end and its working fine. I am using Photoshop CC on Windows 10 platform. You may try and reset the Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps.

Refer: Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think part of my question got cut off.  I did reset the the preferences and that didn't help.  I was able to drag and drop one of the loaded photos onto the other one and it would automatically load a layer.  Now, when I do that, nothing happens.  I use the move arrow and unlock the photos and still no added layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Lets see if you are doing exactly the same as here.

Use the move tool and click on in image one

Drag it to the tab of image 2 and keep holding

Wait until the tab changes and the image changes to image 2 (still keep holding)

Drag down onto the canvas of image two and release - the new layer appears

(press and hold shift before releasing if you want the new image layer to align to the canvas)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joeyo9633682  wrote

I think part of my question got cut off.

That's because it was in the subject area rather than the message area, although I suspect that you've already figured that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines