• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I trash old files after upload?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading/sidegrading some would say downgrading to CC I am waiting for my pictures to upload. I already see a new LightrromLibrary.lrlibrary in my Pictures folder that is about the same size as all my old files. I assume now everything is duplicated.

Once I know everything uploaded can I delete all the old files CC Classic used to use as I will no longer be using it?

Thanks,

Marcos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Yes, Lightroom CC copies all of the photos into its own storage. Personally I'd put the old Classic files on another hard drive as an extra backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Lightroom CC copies all of the photos into its own storage. Personally I'd put the old Classic files on another hard drive as an extra backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I imagined. They are going the Photos Mac route with one big DB. I will stash them somewhere off my main drive. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines