• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Online storage with full CC subscription?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new Lightroom CC storage plan includes 1 TB of storage for $9.99/mo (or $19.99 when paired with Photoshop in the Photography plan). As a full Creative Cloud subscriber, will my storage increase to 1 TB or am I stuck with 100 GB? If I want to upgrade the storage for an additional fee, is this possible?

I realize the product just launched but there is a lack of clarity on the website about how these updates affect existing subscribers...

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

I have the option to switch plans and increase storage under my full creative cloud account... If i go to switch plans, click the little right arrow, this is what I see

Adobe_ID.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 102 Replies 102
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a discount in the first year to $14.99 for existing subscribers.

99jon tech: New Lightroom CC & Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm not a Photography subscriber, I'm a FULL Creative Cloud subscriber ($49.99/mo on an annual contract).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think subscribers to the full apps plan would be excluded from the offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the Lightroom-only plan is $9.99 so why would I pay $14.99 when I already have Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for confusion, its quite new today. There will be storage plans between 1TB and 10TB priced at $10 pm per 1TB.

So you should be able buy 1TB for $10. Maybe those on the full plan should get the first year at $4.99 but you wont pay more than $10. I would suggest checking with sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, i'm not clear.  if there are storage plans from 1TB to 100TB does this mean that users with full plans will get get 1TB rather than the 100GB?

With the new Lightroom CC, 100GB gets used up rather rapidly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have the all apps plan and downloaded and installed Lr CC today. I was surprised to see what storage was already built-in when I went to prefs.

But I do agree this all needs to be communicated more clearly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem.

I have a complete Creative Cloud plan. Although I primarily do photo work, I also need Premiere, Acrobat, and some other apps occasionally. I saw the news about the new Lightroom CC this morning, and was very excited. It fits my workflow a lot better than the classic Lightroom.

Yet, even though I'm paying for the new Lightroom CC, I can't actually use it because I only have 100GB of cloud storage. I have way way more than 100GB of photos, especially in RAW format.

I contacted Adobe support chat, and they said there is no way to increase my cloud storage. I have the chat transcript to prove it. This is completely ridiculous. Why does someone paying $10 a month get 1TB of storage, yet someone paying $50+ can't get more than 100GB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your support experience. This is what I figured.

Adobe is more concerned with getting everyone who takes a picture with their phone to subscribe for $9.99 (because they're all "photographers" now). That's fine as a strategy, but ignoring your core customers' needs (as they have been for years) is NOT sound business strategy. They're eroding trust and putting resources into consumer products instead of professional products.

Competitors are already siphoning away market share in the pro segment, so it's probably just a matter of time before the big tools are no longer receiving feature updates. Adobe would rather compete with Apple, Google, and Microsoft instead of a few tiny pro tool companies. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to My Account in Adobe and click on the change plan. That is the only place were I found the discounts and upgrade options. Going through links on website always assumed I was new user even though I was logged in. In there under Managed plan I have additional options.Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 3.01.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever the chat support guy who told you there was no storage upgrade for full cloud subscribers was simply wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see nowhere to add storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure if you resolved the issue...I just went online with adobe chat...they finally have an additional storage link to buy the TB its $9.99 and [deleted link] Chat with support ...they just launched it ...not on the adobe page yet..

************** This is Rick Spaulding.  Just to be clear, I had to delete the link that was in this post because it does not work. It adds 1TB of Creative Cloud assets storage but not photo storage. If you should encounter this "Adobe Checkout" link elsewhere, don't use it. The issue has been fixed and you should be able to purchase more storage through your "Manage Account" link as described above.******************

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my receipt ...I am full sub...they gave me a link and it was to add the 1 tb to my sub..

Order details

Order date:October 31, 2017
Order total:US$9.99

Items

Creative Cloud Files Storage 1 TB‎

Creative Cloud Files Storage 1 TB‎

Bills monthlyQuantity: 1 Total: US$9.99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually checked in Lightroom yet?  what you outlined above was a solution that adobe support apparently erroneously offered before, but it only adds 1TB to your creative cloud storage, which is not connected to your Lightroom storage. The answer preferred is for you to add a Lightroom with 1TB account to your existing account (you dont need to open another one) for 9.99. I have done this and it has worked.  You go into the Lightroom page while signed in and buy Lightroom with 1TB as if buying it fresh And it adds it to your current account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well they said it was a new launch and had not hit the website yet...I think it was a new link to fix the issue...bc ...when I use my LRCC on my ipad it has merged the CC 100 G to the 1 TB and gave me 1.1 TB of space in the lightroom CC app ..and its available on my LRclassic from my desktop so they must have fixed it...even the link when support gave to me just said..storage ...so I figured it was a quick fix...lol..either way it works now and I was thinking of doing what you said ...but thought I had to open another account and collaborate...but whew glad you told me the other too..great thanks ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine's still not working. I have full CC, but I added the 1TB for $9.99 a week ago, and it still says I'm stuck at 100gb in Lightroom. I have been maxed out over 5 days and haven't been able to sync any new photos, and I'm still paying $9.99 for 1TB  PLUS my full CC subscription! and I have ZERO files saved on the CC files! this sucks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go thru 3 techs.. If you still don't have it.. I can send you the transcript for you to show another unknowing tech to prove they have it.. It had just launched and maybe they don't all know about it.. I tried to save the link foe this exact reason bur it did not work it was a secure link.. No fancy words.. Just.. "Storage" .. That was a hyperlink... Let me know if you need.. I was using  chatting option for support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got off with one tech who said it needs to be escalated and will take 5-7 days. so If could please send the transcript you have that I can provide to the next tech, sooner. hopefully maybe can this resolve more quickly than waiting another week! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I will.. When I get in today to the office.. I had several issues with them but I will send the part about the storage. If you want a screen shot or pic of my desk shop showing the 1.1g etc to show its linked and active I need an email address.. Mine is jamie_somewhere@yahoo.com if you need.. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent transcript in email. Try logging out and back in? Maybe it will reset... Let me know what happens..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just messaged you and can help you fix this issue. Get back to me as soon as you can.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm on with chat now.. Yesterday assets reflected 1.1TB in my account now that I am syncing it reflects 1124GB online with tech but on my app desktop it reflects 100gb...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sending you a private message now and will help you get it fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines