• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW UPDATE WITH DESTRACTING PURPLE LINE

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now downloaded the new update for Photoshop and with every brush tool stroke I do there is a purple line lagging behind it is does not affect the outcome but I find it very distracting and would like to hear a way to fix that it has to so with the line smoothing feature which I like but unfortunately have to turn it off due to the visual edition to come along with it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Hi

Preferences > Cursors > "Show brush leash while smoothing" (check it or uncheck it as required)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Orchibald,

That purple line depicts smoothing of brush strokes you can remove that line by decreasing the smoothing from the options bar on top.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for taking your time and answering, but I do want line smoothing and am asking if there is a way to have it with out the purple line trailing it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The only difference is that my purple bar is 3 inches long and is painting at the base of it, and not where the cursor is.

Nothing I look at or reset is having any impact on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It look like Adobe is trying to add Lazy Nezumi Pro type brush smoothing look at the smoothing and the setting icon in the tools option bar for the brush tool.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Preferences > Cursors > "Show brush leash while smoothing" (check it or uncheck it as required)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both for the reply's, but while that does remove the purple line the tool itself is still drawing 3 inches vertically below where the stylus is pressing. Not having this issue with any other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of pen are you using. My Wacom intuos pen works correctly are you using Windows or Mac are you having the OS scale your mouse cursor or display.  Does you Pen software have any kind of mapping or calibration like used on screen devices like a cintiq or surface display?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but I found out this morning what was causing it. I had 1 of my monitors in portrait mode, and as soon as I moved it back to landscape it started working correctly again. No other software did that bar Photoshop. So it's a bit of a confusing 1 for me, even turned it back to portrait to make sure it was that and yup that was the culprit.

Very strange.

Many thanks for the reply's though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super to know everything is now working as expected. Could you describe your setup exactly, so that one can find the cause of the bug?

PC/MAC? which OS? One or wo external monitors,  what resolutions? plus a Wacom. Is it a Cintiq? which model, and driver?

You should also post on the Wacom forum, and x-post here any progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where do I find the preferences tab? thank you btw for the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a Windows system Preferences are under the Edit menu

On Mac choose Photoshop >Preferences

Preferences in Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines