• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Lightroom 6.12 update U44M2P28

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the Lightroom 6.12 link and a Setup.dmg file downloaded. When I opened it, I got this error message -

"Lightroom CC (2015.12) / 6.12

Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28"

Does any one have any idea how resolve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Jeff:

I've managed to update LR 6.0 to LR 6.12 is a rather round about way. I ran the Uninstaller for CC, which deleted LR 6.0. I then reloaded LR 6.0, entered the License Number, and LR 6.0 installed. I then clicked the Update option and LR 6.12 displayed so I loaded it and now I have LR 6.12 running and accessing all my image files.

Thanks for your help. Truly, I can't thank you enough.

Regards, Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edward Eastman the error U44M2P28 occurs when the previous applicable product is not found.  Do you already have Lightroom Classic CC/6 installed? 

If so then I would recommend review the installation log, of the update, for more details on why the update is failing to apply.  For information on how to locate the installation log see Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

I have LR 6.0 standalone version installed. I do not think that is the

same as Lightroom Classic CC/6. I have a license for LR 6.0 standalone

version.

I looked in the Log/Adobedownload folder and no log files were there.

Based on your question "Do you already have Lightroom Classic CC/6

installed?", I suspect the setup.dmg is looking for Lightroom Classic

CC/6. But, as I said, I have LR 6.0 standalone version.

Do you have any idea where I go from here?

Thanks,

Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.  You will want to locate the installation log for the update.  Please click on the link for Main Product Log.  The download logs will not be relevant to the current error you are experiencing Edward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

There is no Installer log present. I've included a screen shot of the path.

Also, I read the solution and it is way beyond my technical

comprehension or skill level. So unless you have a simpler solution, I

thank you for your efforts but I may be out of luck.

Thanks

Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edward I am sorry but the screen shot is not visible.  Please make sure you browsing to /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers and not the User Library folder.  For information on how to post a screen shot see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Also to confirm you do have Lightroom 6/Classic CC currently installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

Thanks for the correction. I've found the installer log - Adobe

Lightroom 6.12 10-18-2017.log.gz.

Okay, I've attached a screen shot of the About LR page. It shows

Lightroom 6.0 and Camera Raw 9.0. So it is not Lightroom 6/Classic CC

version.

Thanks,

Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Edward.  Did you discover any specific errors in the installation logs?  The log is appended to after each attempt so the newest error will be located towards the end of the file.

You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover to this discussion Edward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

I opened the installer log and found the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edward your screen shots are not visible.  Please make sure you are choosing to view your public forum discussion in a web browser by clicking on the View the full discussion link in the e-mail notification.

For more details on how to post a screen shot see FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

You are also welcome to just copy and paste the text of the error.  There is no need to post the entire log.  Just the error and the line or two before or after the error is typically sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, sorry I was using my email to reply to your emails. This is my first time using the Forum so I apologize for my screw ups.

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

10/18/17 13:37:55:760 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 |  - 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

10/18/17 13:37:55:760 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | OSX version: 10.12.6

10/18/17 13:37:55:760 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 |

10/18/17 13:37:55:760 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | ERROR: DW052: The base product is not installed, Unable to proceed with the patch operation

10/18/17 13:37:55:760 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | Please search the above error string(s) to find when the error occurred.

10/18/17 13:37:55:760 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | These errors resulted in installer Exit Code mentioned below.

10/18/17 13:37:55:760 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/18/17 13:37:55:760 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | Exit Code: 28 - The base product is not installed.

10/18/17 13:37:55:761 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | Please see specific errors for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR: DW052 ...

10/18/17 13:37:55:761 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

10/18/17 13:37:55:761 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 10652522 | END - Installer Session

Here is the text from the installer log.

It seems to want to see Lightroom Classic CC/6, but I do not have that version.

Not sure if this helps you or not.

Edward

PS: I just got an email indicating my post was rejected. Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks Edward.  The install log is also indicating the Lightroom 6 is not installed on the computer.

I would recommend you remove and reinstall Lightroom 6 by completing the following steps:

1. Run all available uninstallers from Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installer
  2. Download and run the CC Cleaner tool - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Once you have completed the process you can then download the Lightroom 6 installation files from Download Photoshop Lightroom .  Once Photoshop Lightroom 6 is installed you should then be able to apply the Lightroom 6.12 update successfully Edward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

I've managed to update LR 6.0 to LR 6.12 is a rather round about way. I ran the Uninstaller for CC, which deleted LR 6.0. I then reloaded LR 6.0, entered the License Number, and LR 6.0 installed. I then clicked the Update option and LR 6.12 displayed so I loaded it and now I have LR 6.12 running and accessing all my image files.

Thanks for your help. Truly, I can't thank you enough.

Regards, Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonderful Edward.  I am happy to hear the auto update was able to apply the update.  Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines