• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ram preview not working properly

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for over a month and it's driving me insane. I have to waste so much time trying to get it to work. Mainly it starts after I start a new project and try to preview to see where I need to cut the video and it just sits there and does nothing when I press to preview. I've randomly got it to work by closing AE repeatedly until it finally works. It's a major waste of my time. I've tried messing with how much ram AE uses, I've purged memory and disk cache repeatedly. I don't know what else to do.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Since you speak of recorded gaming footage, you might need to change your recording settings. this is a common issue due to how some of these products work and their CoDecs. Presumably this wreaks havoc with AE's own hardware acceleration. Try to download some ffmpeg-based converter and transcode your file before opening it in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without some actual useful info. Sorry, but you have not told us anything that would allow someoen to help you such as system info, exact version of AE, preview settings, what your comps involve and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

specs.PNGpreview settings.PNGpreview settings2.PNGmemory.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And What my comp involves is just 1080p recorded gameplay that I use to make YouTube video's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you speak of recorded gaming footage, you might need to change your recording settings. this is a common issue due to how some of these products work and their CoDecs. Presumably this wreaks havoc with AE's own hardware acceleration. Try to download some ffmpeg-based converter and transcode your file before opening it in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright here is my recording settings that I have been using. recording settings.PNG

Any free program you would suggest to convert and transcode the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Call 911NA0,

You can try Media Encoder.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines