• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Plugins folder CC2018

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya, does anyone know where the plugins folder is for Photoshop CC2018? I can't find anywhere to install my 8bf files for my plugins....

Thanks in advance

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Same place as earlier versions of Photoshop on windows anyway. I link Adobe's Plug-in folder to my Plug-in folder via a shortcut link.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same place as earlier versions of Photoshop on windows anyway. I link Adobe's Plug-in folder to my Plug-in folder via a shortcut link.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Cheers JJ....As you'll see above I've found mine, not in the same place as yours. I left my installation to do it's own thing bar deleting older versions I have installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same place as previous photoshop versions on mac as well.

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Plug-ins

plugins.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an Adobe Plug-in Folder the is share between Adobe Photoshop and and Adobe Bridge and is where ACR is installed.  It it not the folder where your Photoshop third Party Plug-in should be installed. Though I see  you have installed your there.  As I wrote I link Adobe normal third party plug-in folders to my Photoshop Plug-ins folders for Photoshop 32Bit and Photoshop 64 Bit versions.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Topaz plugins are in the PS CC 2018 plugin folder but do not load/appear in the app when I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Topaz plugins are in the PSCC 2018 plugin folder by do not load/appear in the app when I open it.  I don't need help finding the folder, I need help correcting the problem.  Mac Sierra 10.12.67  I did not have the problem with 2017.  Brand new.  It did load up my Portrait Pro.  I don't want to have to start over with a new Topaz download, is there an option that will correct the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem ith windows 10. Topaz plugins installed but cannot be opened in CC2018. How to fix the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do Topaz say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plugins function normaly if the image layer is selected. Resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image layer selected and the problem still isn't resolved for me.  My third party plugins still wont open in CC2018.  Anyone have any other fixes to this? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling programs and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Which third party plugins won't show up on the Filter menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Creative Cloud community,

There have been multiple threads spanning back years requesting Linux support for Adobe's Creative Suites.

This being year 2016, I suggest that it is time to seriously consider supporting Linux and provide the community with a roadmap for this support.

Could you update us on the discussions happening within the company on this topic? Are there any plans? What are some basic timelines you are considering for this to be implemented?

From an outsider's perspective, there would be two major milestones to hit with this one:

Milestone 1: Adobe CC Wine Support

Milestone 2: Adobe CC Native Linux App

Please consider the market potential and stay abreast of the three main OSs: Mac, Windows, & Linux.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe has not responded to a message started in 2012 Creative Cloud for Linux (Ubuntu)  by announcing plans to support Linux, I seriously doubt that starting a new request is going to get Adobe to change course

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignoring the issues will not get Adobe to change course either. How is Adobe supposed to gauge the community's needs if the community is not willing to speak?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say it's because the community knows they will never support Linux. Even with Ubuntu's snaps which offers a way for developers to make one snap package that will work on many Linux distros adobe will not support Linux. Maybe they have deals with Microsoft and Apple, who knows.

They claim there isn't a market share, I'd disagree, the market is there. A lot oh photographers are only using Windows because CC. Make CC for Linux and watch as people ditch Windows (but not macs, those people are a lost cause )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@John T Smith

Ever heard the phrase "Push the envelope"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blackmagic design has released Free "Fusion 8.2 beta" for linux.

so there is no reason for you guy's to not ditch windows right now.

May in future Davinchi resolve lite will also be released for linux (Full version is already supprots linux).

Don't blame adobe for not able to switch to linux.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right.
The way things are going with windows, it's very likely that many developers and designers will migrate to linux over the next years.

I hate to work with npm, gulp, nodejs and other command line tools on Windows. It sucks to switch from linux to windows every time i have to save an image on Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.

If CC was supported on Linux, I'd definitely stop using Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My portraiture and noiseware plugins have to be reinstalled every time i open photoshop cc2018. What is the fix for this? MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with this since downloading CC2018, and I just found a solution!! Re-installing and then RESTARTING MAC straight after, did the trick! See here:

How to install the plugins in Photoshop CC 2014 - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

All I did was restart my MacBook after the installation, and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines