• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surprised!

Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to get my puppet to produce the surprised mouth expression no matter how extreme I perform it. I easily get it to make a neutral expression, a smile and all of the phonemes, but no surprised. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Was the layer named exactly "Surprised"? Maybe check for leading or trailing spaces? If it's not an exact match, the tag won't get applied automatically. Of course, you can apply it manually if needed.

Glad you got it working by manually tagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to confirm, does your surprised artwork layer have the Surprised layer tag applied to it?

Also, make sure you have set your rest pose while having a neutral mouth expression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jeff+Almasol  wrote

Just to confirm, does your surprised artwork layer have the Surprised layer tag applied to it?

Not absolutely sure what you mean, Jeff. The PhotoShop layer is tagged Surprised if that's what you mean. And it's the third layer down inside the Mouth folder.

Also, make sure you have set your rest pose while having a neutral mouth expression.

Yeah, in fact, I just set rest pose again to be sure. I'm doing this with plenty of light aimed at me also and, as I mentioned, I seem to be able to get all the other shapes successfully.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Puppet panel, if you select the Surprised layer (which I'm assuming is within a Mouth group), then look in the Tags section of the Properties panel, do you see the Surprised mouth layer tag selected? If not, the application doesn't know that it is supposed to be triggered when you do a surprised look.

Can you provide a screenshot of the selected Surprised layer in the Puppet panel and the Tags section in the Properties panel? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also export a .puppet file and send a shared link (via Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) for us to diagnose? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Puppet panel, if you select the Surprised layer (which I'm assuming is within a Mouth group), then look in the Tags section of the Properties panel, do you see the Surprised mouth layer tag selected? If not, the application doesn't know that it is supposed to be triggered when you do a surprised look.

That's it. All the other Mouth shapes are tagged, but for some reason Surprised isn't. How do I manually tag it?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, I see all I had to do to tag Surprised was highlight it in the Puppet panel and then click on it in the Tags panel. It seems to be working now. Wonder why it wasn't already tagged.

Thanks Jeff.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the layer named exactly "Surprised"? Maybe check for leading or trailing spaces? If it's not an exact match, the tag won't get applied automatically. Of course, you can apply it manually if needed.

Glad you got it working by manually tagging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the layer named exactly "Surprised"? … If it's not an exact match, the tag won't get applied automatically.

Bingo! 'Surprised' was misspelled. I had figured that out and corrected it, but didn't realize I then needed to manually tag it.

Thanks,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The automatic tagging happens when you first import the artwork file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines