• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the new Lightroom CC for Mac pulling my photos from???

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom CC. My computer did not have any adobe apps installed prior to this. Immediately the screen starts filling up with photos from a couple of years ago and the slider says I have used 3gb out of 20. Where is it getting these photos and how can I get rid of them? I'm trying to cull through duplicates before uploading any photos!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Did you ever Sync from Lr Desktop (now Classic) to Lr Mobile?

If so, you may be seeing these files that are associated with your accoun?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever Sync from Lr Desktop (now Classic) to Lr Mobile?

If so, you may be seeing these files that are associated with your accoun?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that in the installation process you were asked if you wanted to import photos from some location or other. Perhaps the "question" was merely a checkbox that you needed to uncheck. Make a precautionary backup of your photos and then select the undesired photos within Lightroom CC by the usual Mac method: Shift and/or Command key. Or Command-A if you truly want to delete every photo from Lightroom CC. After selecting all of the photos you wish to delete, right-click on any selected photo and select delete nnn photos.

Your precautionary backup is just that. When the photos somehow came into Lightroom CC the originals were not disturbed; Lightroom CC sent a copy to the cloud. You are only deleting that cloud copy and your originals won't be disturbed. I just tested this by adding a few photos to Lightroom CC that I didn't want in Lightroom CC and then I deleted them a few minutes later. The originals are safe and sound.

I can't advise you on how to build a cloud library; I haven't worked that out yet!

—David Illig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, selondon is right, they'd be photos you'd synced to the cloud from other Lightroom versions - perhaps the mobile app, or another computer. The installation doesn't pull photos from your computer without you explicitly adding them.

You can select them all and delete them, if you're sure you don't want them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, selondon and Ms. Bampton are correct; I was mistaken about how they got into the cloud. Are you sure you want to delete them? At some point you thought enough of those pics to move them to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines