• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Modify Expand command inconsistent and deviates randomly

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just a programming error? Is there a work around so that I can expand my line by the same pixel amount in a consistent way? I use this function many times a day. I see now why I've had some real pain in the rear problems that would have been totally avoided if my line had redrawn correctly.

The image I uploaded is of 2 screenshots that I overlaid. It's a before and after of a 1 pixel expansion using Select>modify>expand. I'm using the latest CC if that makes any difference.   Thanks for your input.

Chris Warren

selectmodifyexpanderror.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

This is about partially transparent pixels. That's a partial pixel, not a full one. You have marked in green pixels that are almost fully transparent.

I don't see anything here that looks particularly unexpected for a 1 pixel expansion.

If you've had trouble with selections before, that's probably for other reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just a programming error?

That seems unlikely, the issue is more likely the original Selection.

(Please post a screenshot of the Selection saved as a Channel taken at View > 100%.)

You might be better served working with Paths, though without knowing the complete procedure and aim it’s hard to tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about partially transparent pixels. That's a partial pixel, not a full one. You have marked in green pixels that are almost fully transparent.

I don't see anything here that looks particularly unexpected for a 1 pixel expansion.

If you've had trouble with selections before, that's probably for other reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That is exactly what is happening. When using the expand command it doesn't recognize any pixel that is less than 50% opaque.

When I expand my line, most times it's so I can either clean up or shade part of the image; OR, clone or clear a large area of pixels surrounding the image.

I'll have to rewrite my question explaining my end goal and resubmit it. Thank for helping me understand what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines