• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 - line spacing tool failoure

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Update of Photoshop CC 2017 to Photoshop CC 2018, the line spacing tool is not working anymore.

When I try to enter a number, it randomly changes it to another one. Also if I try to change the number via draging over the tool-symbol it first works and then jumps to a number over 8000...

How to fix this? Thank you in advance!

Foto.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Hi

Yes it only affects text that has been transformed. The workaround appears to be type the value into properties and the correct value will appear in the character panel

I am not sure what they call the properties panel in German but I have circled it in the menu which may help you find it. It is the same panel used for Live Shape properties

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 155 Replies 155
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a bug affecting only text that has been previously transformed.

If I enter the leading value in the Properties panel - the number I have entered (50 in the example below) is over-ridden in the properties panel but then does appear correctly in the Character panel.

I would welcome you findings - does entering in the properties panel (and looking for correct value in the Character panel) work as a workaround so we can report the issue?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find out where to find that "properties" window (using the german version and switching to english is sadly not supportet by adobe products) but I now tried a "new" text, and here everything works perfectly. So it does only affect text I previously transformed i guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes it only affects text that has been transformed. The workaround appears to be type the value into properties and the correct value will appear in the character panel

I am not sure what they call the properties panel in German but I have circled it in the menu which may help you find it. It is the same panel used for Live Shape properties

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THank you, cant find it though.
Hope this bug will be fixed soon, as I do work a lot with already designed presets.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been reported. I hope a German user on this forum can help with the name of the properties panel in your version

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

same problem here, after the update confirm that the problem affect only transformed text:

original typed text:

1.jpg

transformed:

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

As a workaround, until it gets fixed, you can type the leading value into the Properties panel. Although the properties panel will not show the value you typed,  the correct value that you typed will then appear in the character panel.  Note : This is one way - it does not work the other way round.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing similar issues in the properties panel as well.

Also when using the up and down arrows in the character panel doesn't work - skips at what seems like predetermined sizes and also goes down when it should go up.

Hope the fix is quick this is causing me a real problem and the workaround isn't working (for me at least).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better workaround is to copy and paste the transformed text and start over. - as above the properties workaround fails for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The properties workaround fails for me also.

snap2519.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say the properties workaround fails can you tell me what you get when you do each of the following:

a. Type a leading value say 50pt into the properties box (the properties box will not show that value it will show another)

b. Look for that value (50pt ) in the character panel (it should, due to the error, match what you typed into properties not the value now shown in properties)

c. The image text leading should match the value typed into properties (and now showing in the character panel)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a. After pressing Enter in Properties it change from 50pt to 338,14pt in Properties.

b. Yes, in Character it is set correct: 50pt.

c. No, the text leading looks to be 50, not 338pt.

This is the PSD: PS error leading.psd - Google Drive

Thanks,

Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And sorry, I understand now what you describe as workaround at #10.

It is really a workaround.

Thank you,

Bogdan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. It does need fixing but at least we have a workaround while it gets fixed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue. Is it a cross platform issue? I am on a Mac using OS Sierra (not High Sierra).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use a Mac but I believe it is cross platform and the same workaround applies

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. Not ideal, but glad to have something for now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't the only issue relating to text that has been "previously transformed". There's a relatively old one where fonts have different sizes in paragraph styles editor and the character panel. This hasn't been fixed since styles were first introduced, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a pain in the back. I hope ADOBE can fix this fast.

• up/down arrows gives completely non-sensical values
  • manually typing  gives completely non-sensical values

Yes, it only happens when text was transformed previously and the preferences option might well work. But whenever I see the term workaround, I'm getting a flipping nosebleed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI - "properties" panel shows the same behaviour in my instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround you've proved isn't fixing the issue for me - is there anything else? Perhaps a uninstall and reinstall? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the same issue then uninstalling and re-installing will not resolve it. It is a bug that has been acknowledged by Adobe.

You can of course use the CC desktop app to reinstall CC2017 alongside CC2018 until the issue is fixed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not sure of updating my work machine and I was right

Thanks to the Community at least I know what happens and I can just rollback to CC 2017 and forget about the new version. Thank you all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines