• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get more Brushes" doesn't work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new Ps-version and I am thrilled about the new Brush-Panel. Unfortunately, the "get more brushes"-option doesn't seem to work. It directs me to an empty adobe-site (http://www.adobe.com/404.html) and from there my browser is promptly redirected to the adobe mainpage.

Does anyone else have the same problem? I'm using the german version of Ps by the way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Hello, I manage to get it to work, we are able to see the link before the 404 come so I did a screen and removed the _fr (I'm in france) I dunno If I have the right to post it here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! I want to download Kyle’s brushes but I can not use "get more brushes" or find the brushes in Creative Cloud market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I also have trouble with the link from the UK. I have checked with Adobe and currently the "Get More Brushes" is US only. Other locales are being worked on".

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

thanks for the answer!

I hope they will fix this soon.

Cheers,

Bo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm in the US, and updated to the recent Creative Cloud on PS, and I am also have the save problem. The "Get More Brushes" isn't appearing in the Brush window tab menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you seeing the "New Brush Group..." menu item in the Brushes flyout? It sounds like you may still have Ps 18.1.1.

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 8.08.49 PM.png

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you Steve for clarifying! That's all I see on my menu at the moment. I will try and find an updated PS, do you happen to know which version do I need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, and sign out then sign back in. This should force a refresh on the application updates and show you the latest major Photoshop update (Photoshop CC). Mine below shows Open since it is already installed, but you should see the blue Update like in Illustrator just below.

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 8.43.21 PM.png

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for all these questions. I logged out and logged back in, and updated my creative cloud PS. But the "Get More Brushes" still isn't appearing. Here's a screen shot I took, it shows possibly installing other versions of PS, including 16.0, 15.0, 14.0, and 13.0. Should I install any of these versions? Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 9.20.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-18 at 9.20.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-18 at 9.34.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That is still 18.x (Ps CC 2017), but the Creative Cloud screen shot appears to show you have 19.0 (Ps CC 2018) installed. How are you launching the application? You don't need to install any of those other versions, either.

Note the icons and name changes for this 19.0 screen shot compared to yours.

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 10.57.00 PM.png

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I see now, I previously launched Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 (thinking that was the newest one), I just opened PS CC 2018, and icon and name is now changed and the "Get More Brushes" tab is now available. I feel so silly that I didn't realize I wasn't in the newest version.

Thank you so much for all your assistance Steve!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! The branding scheme is not clear, and I can totally see how it tripped you up, sorry.

Glad your running now.

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way around so we can download and use the brushes? I just tried it out again and I'm still having that 404 error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In your default browser, try going to the lowest left on www.adobe.com and changing your region selection to 'United States'. Then invoke the 'Get More Brushes...' menu command again. That has worked for other's to stop the redirection to local geo region.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

thank you for your repsonse. Sadly, this doesn't work for me it seems. Is there another sollution to solve this? Or is there a certain web adress we can go to?

regards,

Gilles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Same here. I was so excited about kyle brushes, I'm in France and I get the 404 page when I try to upload the brushes. Are they available in France is there a workaround this ? I tried to enter the Adobe US site but I can't, it redirects me automatically to the french one.

Come one Adobe ! You're spoiling this greta gift we were supposed to get today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me, thanks from the Netherlands!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have any more info on when things will be fixed for those outside the US, but will update this thread when I get it. One thing I do know is that the Microsoft Edge browser doesn't handle .abr downloads so don't use that when you are able to land on the proper page.

I also see an odd behavior using 10.13 w/Chrome as my default; the browser opens a new tab with no URL. Safari as default browser works fine. This might be my particular machine setup, too.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it using Safari but I get the same error 404.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I manage to get it to work, we are able to see the link before the 404 come so I did a screen and removed the _fr (I'm in france) I dunno If I have the right to post it here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this tip! It worked for me.

Changing the region didn't help. I tried it with several browsers (firefox, edge and chrome) but I was always redirected to the 404-page. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem (living in the Netherlands)

Change your region to United States and then try again. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click get more brushes i get this page Capture1.PNG

When I click on Download I get this gibberish and NO brushes

Capture2.PNG

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Edge browser doesn't download .abr files properly. Paste the URL into another browser and download from there.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We now have things in place so the menu command should work from non-US regions. The landing page with still be in English for now, but we will get localized pages in place as well.

The issue with the Edge browser still stands for now sorry if that is your default browser. You will land on the expected page from Photoshop, but downloading the brush files we still not work.

Sorry for the earlier trouble.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines