Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layout mess up after Change of Masterpage

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

English is not my first language but I try to explain the problem in the best possible way.

I designed a Website in Muse with different responsive sizes etc. I now need to do the almost exect same site only different colours and content (prices, etc.) but the same layout.

So I started with duplicating the master page and changing the elements and colors, then i duplicated a site an wanted to start editing but after I used the new Masterpage and the layout in the smalles resoultion is totally messed up.

Can someone tell me why this happens?

Layout of original site:Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-18 um 18.14.04.png

Layout of copy after master page use: Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-18 um 18.13.49.png

I hope you guys can help me, because if not it's a lot of rearraning when I have to do it for every site...

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Michael,

How are you duplicating the site?

I suggest you first duplicate the master and check all the properties to be same as of previous.

Then for elements just select all and copy and paste option in the new file.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

How are you duplicating the site?

I suggest you first duplicate the master and check all the properties to be same as of previous.

Then for elements just select all and copy and paste option in the new file.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I rightclicked and used duplicate but with your tip it's working fine!

Thanks for the help ypu saved me a lot of time. 😄

All the best

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that it helped.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a similar problem with a Master page.  I appreciate any help please.

The changes I have recently made on my “Master” page has not reflected on the inner pages. The inner pages looks as if not formatted properly yet I can see a perfect format on the Master.  I had to add my problem here because it seems that there is no way to raise a new problem on your forum (?) Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many apologies to find you in this trouble.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ankush, thank you for your reply. As you requested, I have uploaded my Muse file (only a single p...Can you please kindly let me know when you receive it? I appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you. Regards Bernadette Tyson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines