• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move layers between Draw projects?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to move layers between my Draw projects (this should be possible in the 4.4 version, and I have IOS 11.0.3 on my iPadPRO) but I can't make it work. I guess I'm doing something wrong. But what?

I'm pressing long on a layer, but nothing happens (except that I can move the layer in the same project, but I want to move the layers between different projects). I have watched the tutorial video in the app multiple times, but I don't understand how it's done. Can anyone help me?

Thanks 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Hi rooks,

While you’re long pressing with one hand to move the layer, use your other hand to back out of your current image and open the other project, all the while continuing to long press that layer.

Once you get get the new image open, you’ll be able to drop that still-pressed layer into the stack of the new image.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rooks,

While you’re long pressing with one hand to move the layer, use your other hand to back out of your current image and open the other project, all the while continuing to long press that layer.

Once you get get the new image open, you’ll be able to drop that still-pressed layer into the stack of the new image.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your answer 🙂 Unfortunately I still can’t make it work.

When I close the project with my other hand I loose the layer. And I’m not able to open another project when still long pressing the screen.

Is there are a special technique for long pressing? And are you supposed to see something when your long pressing the layer?

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rooks.

I had a TON of trouble when first trying drag-and-drop. It is definitely a little bit tricky; and, if you’re anything like me, it takes two hands.

See if these instructions help:

* Tap the layer you want to move.

* Once it’s outlined, press-hold-and drag it to the center of the canvas. NO MATTER WHAT, DO NOT TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THAT LAYER.

* If you only want to move that one layer, with your other hand, tap "Close" in the upper left nav (still without releasing that layer that you have your finger on).

* If the drawing you want to copy the layer to is in the same project, tap on it. If it’s in another project tap "Close" again to see more of your projects.

* Once you’re in the drawing you want to copy the layer to... THEN release it.

Note: If you want to move other layers, just tap them while continuing to hold on the first one you chose.

Let me know if you’re still having trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!!! Got it working 🙂 Very pleased with this update.

It turned out I didn’t install IOS 11.0.3 on my iPadPRO after all. Since I installed the update, it worked just the way you both said it would.

Thanks for your advice 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rooks.

Ahhhhh. I never think to ask about that. I'm glad it's working.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines