Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension CC Quits on startup [Locked]

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Dimension CC .]

Just installed all the updates on my other cc apps and no issues. However, installed Dimension CC and it repeatedly crashes before I get a splash screen. I have tried uninstalling, trashing prefs (I'm on Sierra macOS), signing out of CC, signing back in and reinstalling. Still no luck. My machine meets the specs so not sure what to try next.

Suggestions please.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Hey all!  Going to try to keep this discussion all in one place so referring everyone over to the larger thread here.  I'll be providing updates on that thread.

Dimension Won't Open

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a same problem, ı used tacos el captain. Need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Project Felix worked just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project Felix worked fine, Dimension crashes upon opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also crashes under MacOS 10.11.6 (el capitan)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also crashes under High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto....also, did Dimension just overwrite my copy of Felix? Because now I have some Felix documents that I can no longer access. They just show up as .asd files and have no corresponding application that can open them. If this is the case then Adobe REALLY screwed the pooch with this rollout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They must have sped up the process of launching to catch up with the Adobe MAX conference which is in progress in Las Vegas at the moment.  Obviously something messed up in between. I got 10.12.6 Sierra and I got the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same issue others are having on both a Mac Pro and MacBook Pro running High Sierra with a crash before I see the splash screen.  I have also tried uninstalling, deleting prefs and re-installing on both computers several times with no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here on a Mac Pro 5,1, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, Yosemite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, on El Capitan, mac pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. Same here, on Mac Pro 5,1, 32 GB Ram, Sierra...installed, and when I go to open it up, crashes...Felix never worked for me either though...And I could REALLY use this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, here. (MBP, El Capitan) I know I am at the low end of spec requirements, but I would love to try this app out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

Mac pro mid2010

48 Gb mem

Nvidia Geforce Gt680

Macos 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dimension has a minimum RAM requirement of 8GB.  Unfortunately in this case it is the RAM preventing it from working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mid-2010 Mac Pro, running High Sierra (2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon; 24 GB 1066 MHz DDR3; ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB) ran Felix just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely the AVX support which we do require now.  Felix did not have all of the new features of Dimension, so the system requirements there changed.  AVX was added around 2012, so most CPUs from before then will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question related to all of this...how cautious should those of us relying on "old" hardware be when updating all of our other CC applications? I'm no longer able to access ANY of my Felix documents....what's to say the same won't happen with my PSD, AI, IND, PRP, AE, etc. files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense, generally speaking, we could say that at least you will need the "new black cilinder" MacPro from 2013, all the "old grey" MacPro's wouldn't have a CPU with the needed AVX feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution Adobe....make Project Felix available again as a download option on the CC app until you're able to get Dimensions compatible with pre 2012 machines, which most heavy duty users prefer for their expansion options and ability to be upgraded with faster processors, RAM, etc., as opposed to iMacs and the 2013 trash can Macpros.

I mean, how difficult is that....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only as difficult as getting Adobe to cop to the fact that maybe they made a mistake. Making Felix available to re-install after Dimension CC removed it from my 2010 Mac Pro should be the absolute least that Adobe could do to make things right with longtime customers. We would at least regain access to those Felix project files that are currently dead to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Make PF available again. There is no reason that going from Beta to a release version should suddenly make an app unavailable to users. This is similar to when I had to buy the Creative Suite again because Adobe decided to not support a new version of Mac OS. Now they are building in hardware obsolescence too. 3D in Photoshop is running pretty well, so what is it in Dimension that makes the product unavailable to certain CPU cores?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a huge problem. I have to use Dimension to generate fastly, mockup for my clients. Now, how I do?
I haven't 3d software because I'm not a 3d designer but a graphic designer and Dimension (Felix) was perfect for my little projects to visualize 3d mockup. We pay (too much) for use (we hope) a performance software... but It isn't so. I'm working on a Mac Pro with 16 Gb RAM, 8 Xeon cores, and I can't use Dimension. I'm very angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyday there are more angry users dissapointed with Adobe.

WE NEED A SOLUTION.

Best regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same - El Capitan, 10.11.6 - government computer but Project Felix worked fine - help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines