• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! letters in document vanished after saving!

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So I am not sure why this happened (nor does customer support) but I saved a document I was working on and all the first letters in the entire document just disappeared! I saved it again as a word doc just to check and it had the same issue.

I was told by customer support it was the document and not the program, and they had no insights or suggestions on what to do next.. just apologized and ended the chat. If there is no way to fix this than please let me know how to get back the previously saved version or any other advice.. would really like to avoid having to re-enter the first letter of every word on a 10 page document!

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you do anything else, copy the file to a safe location and from now on, only work with a copy of the file. If there is any chance to revert these changes, you have to make sure that you don’t modify the file any further.

Take a look here for a potential workaround: Workaround for Missing Characters After Merging PDF Files

If this does not work, we can try to reverse the changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines