• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save all actions at once with a script?

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lots of actions organized in lots of folders and constantly work with them. Now I am saving all edited actions each day by saving their folders. But this is very inconvenient because sometimes I do not remember folders where I edit actions.

Hence, the question is - Is there a way to save all my actions at once with a script?
Would be very grateful for any answer!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can program a Photoshop you should be able to retrieve all the loaded action set in the Action Palette and save them into a folder. If you do a search you sould be able to find Scripts the retrieve action set names and action names.  Download xtools it has an actionlister java script. You can build on code found in it.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering but I do not think I understand - how to save all actions from Action Palette into a folder without saving each action set...

Maybe I was not quite clear - I do not need a list of actions - I create actions myself and I need to backup them daily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Script you write would do exactly that. Save each loaded action set into your folder. Each set would be saved into an "Name".atn file in that folder your script would do all save required.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean I should such an action?111.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Photoshop JavaScript would do the in its code you would never see it being done in Photoshop User Interface.  The script would automate the entire process.  The Automation can not be done with a Photoshop for actions can not use logic to retrieve the loaded action set names and  then save the actions sets.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see... but I do not have enough programming knowledge to compose even such easy (if I understand right) js script...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can not learn how to program you can record an action to save the actions sets you currently have loaded.  However the Action will fail if  you remove  an actionset and actionset you add will not be saved when the action is played.

Custom Photoshop scripts require programming skills.  Script are programs. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see ... Just thought saving all actions is a common problem ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a common problem. It is not something one would normally do.  And such a script would not solve the problem of actions not being saved.  You would still need to save actions that you edit and add. Any time you edit or add an action you should save the action set.  I do not believe there is any way to automate an automatic save. What would trigger such an event. How would Photoshop know when an edit action is done finished and tested.  Only Photoshop users would know this.  And when they are satisfied with what they have done the should save the actions they have worked on.  Like they save images they work on.  There is no reason to save actions that have not been changed.  Saving all loaded actions sets is not something one would do.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is not the same as saving Action.  One should save Action they work on just like they save images they work on.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines