Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help.

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Total newbie here with a hopefully simple answer. I am working inside of an adobe form in the run action "coding." I would like to be able to open a PDF file but not to the full screen view, a specified view. I would like it to be resizable once it is opened and maybe a close box but neither of the latter two are necessary. 

var aIdentification = "Splitter"

var aSpecs = ["Manufacturer Specs","X.pdf"];

var cRtn = app.popUpMenu(aIdentification,"-", aSpecs);

app.openDoc((cRtn),this);

This code shows a menu when the mouse is over the field in a PDF Form. When I click on the X.PDF, I would like it to open to a smaller window that can hopefully be sized prior to opening. Ive googled for quite a few hours but haven't been able to make sense of what to search for. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately I believe you are in the wrong forum. I'm not certain where you need to be asking. If I can figure that out, I'll be happy to move this thread to where it needs to go.

What Adobe application are you using?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe acrobat DC I believe it is called. Thank you for helping me. I would imagine it is a simple line of code to set the parameters but like I said, I don't know what question I am asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved here from Adobe RoboHelp forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Acrobat JavaScript. A very large collection of methods and properties. Do you have Adobe's JavaScript reference? Most things won't come up in Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the reference, if I did, what would I be researching?  I am not a coder in any way, just learning some things so I can complete a project but like I said, I'm amazed I've gotten it to work this far with the little examples I have found on the net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you are a coder, because you're coding. The more you try the better you get... ! But you have been told, and I tend to agree, that this can't be done.  But  read on if you want to know more.

The way to use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference, which is about 800 pages, is either to dip into it, exploring deeply, or read it from beginning to end. This is the sort of thing coders love. Or get to love. Or have to put up with. Searching google for snippets won't cut it, not with Acrobat...  Here's an old one, but still pretty much relevant: https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/js_api_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im just reaching now, could I open the file in internet explorer or another environment that would yield the same result?  ill drop it if not, just reaching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

im just reaching now, could I open the file in internet explorer or another environment that would yield the same result?  ill drop it if not, just reaching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines