• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound importing AVCHD files CC 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to new CC 2018, all AVCHD files imported in mi projects have no sound.

I've deleted the cache and create new projects and importing AVCHD files like new but no sound at all.

- Mac

- Sony AVCHD

Any idea?

Thanks!

Mensaje editado por: Diego Barcenilla

Mensaje editado por: Diego Barcenilla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Definitely only a problem in High Sierra as Apple changed Quicktime in this version.

In Sierra AVCHD used to open without problem. In High Sierra you get a message "The document "BDMV" could not be opened. With PP CC 2018 now using OS codecs for audio it is not able to open the audio because the OS can't.

It would have been better if both Apple and Adobe were more transparent about the changes they were both making within a week or two of each other so people could assess the impact and not be st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The AVCHD files (in my case, with the extension of *.MTS) have Dolby audio.  Usually, with each new revision of PrePro, an alert window pops up on the first-time boot telling you it is loading (or something like that) a Dolby codec.  On PrePro 2018 (12.0.0 Build 224) this didn't happen.  Matter of fact, when importing an MTS video (which loaded stripped of its audio channels) there was a little yellow ! triangle on the very bottom right corner of the ProPro screen.  Clicking on that triangle "events" brought up the error: "10/19/17 8:06 Missing Dolby audio encoder"

This happened several revisions ago of PrePro where the Dolby codec wasn't loaded (note, it only needs to load once then it's stored forever in that revision). I'm guessing, mind you, that this new ProPro version needs the Dolby codec loaded (Hey, Adobe?) in order to use AVCHD files.

PrePro alert.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, crap.  Digging around the forums here, I find that Adobe is apparently not going to provide those of us with Windows 7 any Dolby support:

>Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

>Older versions of Windows:

>Windows 7: Windows 7 does not include the media package required to decode AC-3. The best solution is to upgrade to Windows 10. <

REALLY!?! So, for those of us that have AVCHD files are pretty much forced to upgrade to (choke, cough) Windows 10?  (Which is no longer a free upgrade I might add).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old days we use to install an ac3 filter

Might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the first thing I tried.  Unfortunately, it didn't help (unless I did something wrong).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can you please address this.  I have no plans to upgrade my OS to Wins 10 anytime soon and I am currently and happily on Wins 7.  I shoot AVCHD files for work and I just tested my clips to see what happened and sure enough NO AUDIO.  Adobe, aside from replacing Adobe CC to something else what will you do to fix this?  Plus in the meantime what do I need to do to be able to work with my media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no plans to upgrade my OS to Wins 10 anytime soon

I would recommend changing those plans.  10 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Home upgrade is no longer free.  It's $119.99 according to their MS website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, until 12/31/2017, you can still get Windows 10 upgrade for free if you "use" assistive technologies (such as Cortana, or screen reader, etc.) Whether you actually use or enable it is up to you. There isn't any checking done. After 12/31/2017, all users will have to pay for upgrades.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the solution for no AVCHD audio on Mac OS High Sierra v10.13?

I am on the latest OS and PP 2018.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To return to PP2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the difficulty!

You might want to check this related thread and see if any of the solutions recommended there will work for you:

Dolby Codec Missing in CC 2018, MTS/AC3 No Audio

(read through all suggestions on both pages of the thread)

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install Premiere Pro CC 2017 has resolved my issue but CC2018 still not import AVCHD sound

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues, tried deleting common folders, re-installing, doesn't work. I am on Windows 10 too!

Now I don't know how to install CC 2017.. I click other versions and I see 6.0 and 7.0...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But some solution about AVCHD sound in CC 2018 ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I had the same problem on both Mac High Sierra and Windows 10 machines.

For the Windows machine, reinstalling Quicktime 7.7.9 from Download QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows and restarting the machine got AVCHD files with sound working in PP CC 2018 again.

No luck in getting them to work on the mac as yet, but I can work around this by using ClipWrap https://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap  to change the file container to mov. Because it is not re encoding the file it is very quick to process with no loss of quality.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Mac running High Sierra? I can't replicate the issue - AVCHD imports with sound in Premiere Pro 2018 on my Mac running Sierra.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely only a problem in High Sierra as Apple changed Quicktime in this version.

In Sierra AVCHD used to open without problem. In High Sierra you get a message "The document "BDMV" could not be opened. With PP CC 2018 now using OS codecs for audio it is not able to open the audio because the OS can't.

It would have been better if both Apple and Adobe were more transparent about the changes they were both making within a week or two of each other so people could assess the impact and not be stuck trying to troubleshoot problems that should not exist. Upgrades are supposed to make software work better and faster, but this is clearly not the case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Apple announced what was happening to QuickTime back in 2013:

http://devstreaming.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2013/606xdx2xbp31zp28fdov8p0b6d/606/606.pdf

Moving to AV Kit and AV Foundation - WWDC 2013 - Videos - Apple Developer

Adobe's covered a lot of what they've been doing to support CODECs that will no longer be / are no longer supported at the OS level via the QuickTime drivers in their blogs since then.

If it is indeed missing QuickTime drivers that's the problem, you'll need to roll your OS back or create an alternate macOS boot drive (it's easy enough to do, just take the time to do it).  You can transcode to ProRes and reboot to the newer OS or keep working in the older OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the info in such detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines