• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import folders in Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Selecting the '+' to Add Photos, brings up a dialog box prompting me to `Add files or folders'...

I select several folders or just one, and then select the `Review for import' button, and then Lightroom just opens the folder in the dialog.

Do we have to select photos individually?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

It will import Photos en masse (under the review stage) but will not import a Folder directly.

It imports Photos into a mass storage system where you organise into Albums and Album Folders. You can also determine a destination Album on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this quick start guide at the link below can help.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/quickstart/?utm_source=The+Lightroom+Queen&utm_campaign=7329e796ef-EM...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no, it does not address the problem of adding a folder with subfolders full of photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will import Photos en masse (under the review stage) but will not import a Folder directly.

It imports Photos into a mass storage system where you organise into Albums and Album Folders. You can also determine a destination Album on import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I thought it worked like that, was hoping I could just select my root folder which contains a folder for each year, then inside those folders, a subfolder for each month.

In Lightroom Classic, I just select the root and go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, sorry. But if they're already in Lightroom Classic, you can migrate, and then you only have future imports to worry about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/imports-will-not-go-into-proper-root-folder.31543/

Problem is case-sensitive folders / directories. And what is entered in the "Into Subfolder" field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not into rental software, and CC also have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone how that mass storage system is organised/indexed? Is a proper database using a completely new reference for the indexing or should I not worry?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines