• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening a Premiere Elements 10 file in Elements 15

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have several files in Premiere elements 10. If I purchase Premiere elements 15, will I have any difficulty importing those older files into the current version and working on them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely should not even try. Most likely it will corrupt and destroy the files.

The programming is very different between versions 10 and 15. Version 15 is by no means backward compatible to version 10!

In my book, I always recommend finishing a Premiere Elements project in the same version of the program you started it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in general older projects should open fine in PRE 15. One way to check if it works for your specific projects is to download the free Premiere Elements 15 trial version and open your PRE 10 projects. Please ensure that you once opened, you save to new project files as you may not be able to open PRE 15 projects in PRE 10. If it works and you like the new features, you can go ahead and serialize the software.

Thanks

Aurobinda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you are part of the Premiere Elements tech team, Aurobinda, but I very much disagree. Version 15 is going to corrupt a version 10 file. I've seen it happen many times with pre-version 11 project files. At the very least, there is buggy behavior when the file is opened in version 15.

But if Jeffrey wants to try it anyway, I'd very much recommend he make a copy of the original .prel file and keep it as a backup just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from Premiere Elements 9 to Premiere Elements 15. I had no problem importing the older projects into Elements 15. I did have to wait a little, though, while Elements 15 imported, converted, and loaded the workspace and all the project assets from the Elements 9 project. Hope this answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may work for some users, but is it worth the risk of starting a project and just after a complicated edit have it act up and lose your work?

Or it could save just fine and then the next time you try to open it, it won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could also make a copy of the file and try opening that, just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines