• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving characters in a scene? (all overlapped right now)

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I can guarantee this is a dumb question but I literally started using Animator yesterday so I could really use some help lol. I'm creating a scene where around 8 characters will be involved, they're all animated now and I'm trying to put them in the scene. When I drag them into the scene, they're all overlapped over each other and it would make sense that I should be able to drag them apart or something but I can't figure out how? Is there some kind of transform button?

Also - I did plan on animating them all on this program but would it be easier to animate them all separately and then put it all together in After Effects?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each character should have it's own transport property, so select one character at a time and move it wherever you want it to be in the scene.

As far as using After Effects, I prefer that when the characters are moving a lot relative to each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slight clarification on the above, when each puppet is selected in the timeline, there should be a Transform section in the properties panel which position and scaling options to move the characters around in the scene.

The Transform behavior is applied by default, so it'll probably be there. If for some reason it isn't, you can select the top level of the puppet in Rig mode and add it via the + on the Behaviors section of the properties panel there.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines