Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

$$Placeholders$$ in my topics

Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to x7 last week and now I am seeing $$Placeholders$$ (exactly like this) in some of my topics (seems to be random). Anyone have a clue? I certainly would like to get rid of these ASAP. Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear whether you are saying something has upgraded incorrectly or that the upgrade went OK but you are seeing this in either Design View or HTML View. In the latter case it is normal. I think it might be related to snippets, I would need to look at some of my own code to refresh my memory on the reason for it.

Have you applied the two patches?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The word "Placeholders" with ($$) at each end is showing up in the generated build of the project (Webhelp) in random topics. It's not showing up in the project .htm topic itself before I generate. Hope this helps to clarify. Yes, I updated with the two patches. I was having a lot of problems with the DHTML as well, but I've been able to get that to work. So now, if I could get rid of this, I will be truly happy. 🙂 thanks for any help. I will visit you site to see if I see anything there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like the upgrade went wrong. Placeholder should appear in the HTML only, not the Design View and not the output. I don't think I have seen anyone report the problem you describe.

Where is the placeholder in the code? Can you post some code including what surrounds it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, it is not showing up in the help projec topic, but it is showing up in the generated build. I copied the first paragraph from the welcome topic below (from the generated help) along with the HTML from that same topic. Let me know what you think. Thanks...

Home > Welcome to EFM Community >
**$$Placeholder$$**
Welcome to Vovici Enterprise/Professional
Vovici is a complete online solution for managing the entire survey feedback cycle. Using Vovici, it is easy and efficient to create and distribute surveys, and collect, analyze and report on the results. Vovici has been designed to meet the needs of large, distributed organizations in business, education, and government which need to monitor the "enterprise ecosystem.”

<!doctype HTML public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Frameset//EN">
<html><head>
<meta name=template content="Vovici V4 Enterprise.htt">
<meta http-equiv=content-type content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<meta name=topic-priority content=1>
<meta name=topic-time-estimate content=2>
<meta name=topic-comment content="Content Review Updated 061808 LCJ Added Online Community Builder upsell Modified What's New topic that is linked within this topic. ">
<meta name=topic-status content=Complete>
<meta name=topic-check-list content="First Draft,Added To TOC,Links,See Also keywords,Tested,Ran Smart Index">
<meta name=generator content="Adobe RoboHelp - www.adobe.com">
<meta name=generator-major-version content=0.1>
<meta name=generator-minor-version content=1>
<meta name=filetype content=RoboHelp>
<meta name=filetype-version content=1>
<meta name=page-count content=1>
<meta name=layout-height content=1312>
<meta name=layout-width content=692>
<title>Welcome to EFM Community</title>

<link rel=stylesheet href="..\Newco.css">

</head>
<body>
<robohelp><script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="../ehlpdhtm.js"
x-save-method=compute-relative></script>
<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2>
<!--
if( typeof( InitEffects ) != 'function' ) InitEffects = new Function();if( typeof( InitTrigger ) != 'function' ) InitTrigger = new Function();if( typeof( FilePopupInit ) != 'function' ) FilePopupInit = new Function();if( typeof( TextPopupInit ) != 'function' ) TextPopupInit = new Function();
//-->
</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Please import that topic into a new RH project and generate an output to confirm the problem still occurs. If it does, then zip up that project and send it to me via my site. Also zip up the same topic from the previous version and let me know what version that was so that I can import that topic and then upgrade it.

Finally please include in your email a link to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp