• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My keyboard shortcuts are gone

Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old custom keyboard shortcuts are gone, and because of this my Wacom tablet and pen also have functional troubles.
On installing the new 19 build, I said Yes to the dialog box asking me if I wanted to keep my ..presets...? Or was it settings?

I also thought I synchronized my settings some time ago, but I don't seem to be able to find a way to load those synchronized settings from my account. Maybe it won't help me with my current problem, but how to get my old shortcuts back then?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

The shortcuts can vary according to the workspace you use...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, they are supposed to be migrated: check this note: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I have now tried to do as stated in the link you gave me, but I can't find the shortcut file anywhere. I've tried to use the Presetmanager and point to the 2017 folder, but I only get brushes, actions and other stuff - no shortcuts.
Looking manually I can find the folder (C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\Presets\Keyboard Shortcuts). But it is empty... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmh, if it works like actions, you might have to save the shortcuts to a KYS file in 2017. I do not  think it would be recommended to move the shortcuts preference file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now found the Keyboard Shortcuts.psp file in C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings, and the file date is 19.oct-2017
So everything should work, but still many of my shortcuts are changed! This is strange...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcuts can vary according to the workspace you use...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh... that might actually be the explanation to my problem, as I did indeed switch from my own workspace to the painting workspace (Kyle's brushes ) !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines