• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imbed Dynamic Content?

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to RoboHelp (using ver 7) and just went through the excellent "Essentials of Adobe
Robohelp 7 HTML". I have been tasked with something I did not find in the book...embedding
dynamic content. In other words, can the Help output use an external data source to tailor its results?
For example, RoboHelp has a pre-loaded selection criteria of customer names, and depending on whihc
one is selected, it retireves and embeds data from an external source for that customer into the
Help web. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Gary

RoboHelp doesn't quite work that way. Normally you have all the content static and present on either a server or inside a .CHM file. Much like a static Web Site would work.

Assuming you are creating web based help, I suppose it would be possible to achieve what you are looking for by creating Framesets or Inline Frames. Then populating a frame with dynamic content.

Perhaps if you can more fully flesh out exactly what choosing a particular customer number would result in, we might offer some alternatives for achieving it using RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this will help: I am trying to create a web help site that is based on the parameters passed in the URL could present custom content about the user who is viewing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You'll probably need to combine your work with your developers' work.

That is, use something to identify the topics (within certain folders, with a leading or trailing ID, etc.) and then have the developers set up permissions for specific users (or user groups) on specific catgories as identified by you.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp