• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 Nik Collection Not Compatible

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just downloaded the new update for PS 2018 and it would appear that you can no longer re-install the Nik collection as a plug in as it is not compatible.  Anybody else noticed this yet or found a way around it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

I had the same issue.  Copying NIK from PS CC 2017 to PS CC 2018 Plugin folders didn't work for me. Saving work from Color Efx back to PS crashed PS CC 2018.  I found the problem for me was launching Color Efx from the filter menu in PS. Launching Color Efx from the Nik selective tool worked and did not crash PS. I didn't need to uninstall / reinstall or delete plist. Worked on on IMac 27 5k and MacBook Pro Retina both on High Sierra

Steps as follows:

• Copy Google plugins folder from PS 2017 to PS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it took some working out but finally sorted.  You can use the plug in but you must un-install first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled and reinstalled but Nik Collection still not working; shuts down Photoshop. I should say Analog and Color Efex not working. HDR seems to work. Haven't tried others. Won't give up yet, but I like the Collection a lot and have used it for awhile. Kind of wish someone would pick it up from Google and keep it going. Guess there's too many alternatives at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes uninstall and reseal works fine, thank you so much

jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the same issue, Have you found any solution?

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I was worried I would lose my recipes, but I un-installed the whole thing, then installed again. It works with photoshop CC 2018 now. And I didn't lose the recipes. Happy Nikking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was no problem here. I just restartred

PS, and it was working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly for me. I just copied and pasted my Nik plugins folder from the PS 2017 folder into the 2018 folder, restarted PS, and it's all there. Works without issue. Didn't need to uninstall/reinstall anything either.

I'm on a MacBook Pro (2014) running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same and it worked. iMac running High Sierra 10.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be doing something wrong. I’ll try again. Also iMac running High Sierra 10.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally copy the Google plugins folder from PS 2017 to PS 2018Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 22.47.53.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly this and the Nik appears on the menu but all I get is black screen.

It's very poor Adobe don't automatically move your plugins across.

Same every time. Very inconsiderate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They probably don't move it for liability reasons. They don't want to deal with automatic migration issues, so it is up to you to move your plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But even moving the plugins from the 2015 folder to the 2018 new one it doesn't work, at least in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right so i'm asking if you tried deleting the application preferences plist file?

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 2.11.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the application preferences plist file to be found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I just moved the apps and it worked. I assume they're where I had them before and the apps found them without any trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat, thanks for sharing .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the Google folder from old Ps plugins folder to the new one worked.  Move it, close it, open it, use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct in my case, everything works like a charm

Thank you so much

Marie France

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the copy google 2017 to google 2018 trick and it worked fine. I don't know what will happen when I turn off the computer and back on. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email, we aim to respond within two working hours, should it be urgent we can be contacted on xxx xxxx

Best Regards,

Robin Cook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are all in luck, DxO has just acquired Nik from Google, so we may see development again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your email, we aim to respond within two working hours, should it be urgent we can be contacted on xxx xxxx

Best Regards,

Robin Cook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines