• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to un- and re- install Photoshop Extension Manager

Advisor ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to uninstall the extension MagicPicker 5.2 and install 5.3 but can not get extension manager to do this.  Does anyone have extension manager working correctly in Photoshop CC2018?  I have uninstalled the extension manager in Add Remove Programs but it is still in the W10 Pro list of Adobe applications and is still working in CC2018. It is very very slow and MagicPicker 5.2 is so slow to load it is unusable.  That is why I am trying to install 5.3.  A futher complication is that Norton Security is zapping MagicPicker zxp file as a threat before it installs.  A mess.  I do want a circular colour picker and like the tone lock on Magicpicker but it is not playing nicely now.  Grateful for any advice.

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adobe extension manager doesn't work for photoshop since adobe switched from flash extensions to HTML extensions in one of the photoshop cc 2014 updates.

Better to use a third party extension manager like

Anastasiy's Extension Manager for Adobe platform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your helpful advice.  I have tried to install his extension manager but when I do Norton won't let it through and Windows won't accept it:

I'm lost on this.

Davidanasext.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try turning off Norton while you install the software.

You'll probably have to ask on the Norton forum why it's flagging those as threats.

You can use VirusTotal to scan the files.

VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff.  I'll ask in the Norton Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

You may want to try asking Anastasiy: https://anastasiy.com/support

And yes, Adobe's Extension Manager won't work with Ps CC 19.0.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Anastasiy advised me to turn off Norton and let his Extension Manager install. I did and it did.  Then MagicPicker 5.3 installed ok, and for good measure, is quicker loading in CC2018 than version 5.2.  Norton Forum members showed me a Norton document that said that the particular threat Norton saw was actually based on a low number of users rather than an actual threat. All ok now.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magicpicker is a joke. Why Adobe would let such a scam software onto their platform is beyond me. It never works. It's basically nagware, constantly needing more money. I want it off my system. It's like a virus. WILL SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO GET IT OFF MY SYSTEM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I'm Anastasiy creator of MagicPicker. I'm really sorry about your experience! Me and my small team work 24/7 to provide free technical support to all our customers and reply to your questions and resolve technical problems with our software as quick as we can!

Also please refer to MagicPicker color wheel home page for more details on what MagicPicker can and what it cannot do.

Usually all the problems (that's my experience from the past 10 years on MagicPicker) can be resolved! And if something doesn't work as expected we improve our software by your suggestions and provide you with a full refund.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines