• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: (multiple) Transform multiple layers, pathfinder...

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few sticking points I really want in Adobe Draw...

1. Transform multiple layers: I'd find it useful to be able to select multiple layers and scale portions of a drawing. I realize you can send it to desktop and adjust stuff there. But I'm more interested in completing pieces directly on the Ipad and adjusting, outputting and sharing and save the time at the desktop for client work. 
  2. Merging: as a workaround to the issue above, I've tried to merge layers and then scale, but if I have layers with a different blend mode, the colors don't always retain the same colors and the artwork "shifts". 
  3. Pathfinder: I've had some issues with transferring artwork to desktop and then scaling. I get an error message of artwork will be too complex. If you layer multiple strokes somewhat overtop of each other, Draw remembers each stroke. It would be nice if "on export" the app did a sort of "pathfinder" function to do some additional point clean up. I've tried simplify and pathfinder techniques inside Illustrator, but that ends up a bit more extensive then I'd hope it would be.  I've looked for some tutorials and tips on dealing with this because I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

IMG_3194.JPG

Sure... left is before merge... it's the black shadow under the ear. After merge it "changes color"

and I'm on the latest app and os... 4.4 and IOS 11.3

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI MotoEd.

Thanks for taking the time to post. I don't have a lot of information, but...

We will be adding a Transform All Layers function to the next (I think) version of Draw. It won't allow you to choose the layer selection but at it will give you the option to do more than one.

I'll share your comments about Merging and Pathfinder with the Draw team. Although I have heard from one other person that blend modes change when layers are merged, I have not heard that the artwork shifts (if there's any way this will show up in a screenshot, please send it to me through the in-app feedback) and I can't reproduce that on my device.

A couple of quick questions if you don't mind:

Which version of Draw are you using (tap Settings then About Draw)?

And what device and version of iOS are you using?

Thanks again for posting.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3194.JPG

Sure... left is before merge... it's the black shadow under the ear. After merge it "changes color"

and I'm on the latest app and os... 4.4 and IOS 11.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks MotoEd.

Exactly what I needed.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines