• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attach to camera in Animate 2018 is reversed!

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Just want to let you know that attach layer to camera feature in new Adobe Animate released on October 18, 2017 (version 18.0) has a bug - when an attach camera is selected and icon (like a chain link) is displayed in a layer, and the layer's property dialog box has a check mark on "Attach To Camera" - the layer is actually NOT attached to the camera and vise versa. The result is completely reversed from what it is supposed to be!

In my screenshot below  the layer named "title" is actually NOT attached to camera, and the layer "Dr_male_main" is Attached!

Please fix it!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

For me, if the lock is on and I change the camera, the layer remains in a fixed position on the stage. If it's not on it zooms and pans because of the camera movement,

If you have an FLA that doesn't work like that, can you post it somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot, and what I see, both show it working correctly. The only oddity is that the chain link doesn't update until you close the dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply, however that's not the case. Let me explain again. The active Chain link icon and "Attach To camera" checked box in the layer's properties dialog indicate that the layer IS attached to camera. But in reality it is NOT. Referring to my screenshot the layers 'title' and 'BACKGROUND' are NOT affected by the camera animation despite all visual indicators, it is absolutely opposite - they behave like they are locked and not to be affected by the camera! That's what is odd. And  contrary, the layer "Dr_male_main", which doesn't have a Chain link icon and has only a black dot instead beside its name in timeline IS affected by any camera animations, so it behaves like it is attached to camera. I hope it is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, if the lock is on and I change the camera, the layer remains in a fixed position on the stage. If it's not on it zooms and pans because of the camera movement,

If you have an FLA that doesn't work like that, can you post it somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, figured it out with help of Adobe tech support team rep Nipun Asthana. Because camera attachment is a new feature, personally, it was confusing for me how the camera and attached layers should behave. Now it is clear:

When you have camera effects applied on a file and attach certain layers to the Camera, objects on those layers should behave as if there’s no camera movement applied to it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines