Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent update, wrong version?

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Updated Photoshop CC today & seem to be missing the new features such as Curvature pen tool, brush smoothing etc.

In searching for solutions I discover that people are talking about Photoshop 2018 whereas on my version from 'About Photoshop CC' it tells me that my version is 2017.1.1

What is the version number for the latest October 2017 of Photoshop CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Yes, there's a folder 'Adobe Photoshop CC 2018' & if I start PS from there it works fine so Adobe installation didn't update the shortcut. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The major version release yesterday is 19.0.0. The update button will show 'Photoshop CC' on systems that are supported (Photoshop system requirements).

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I find 19.0.0 stated? Not in the usual location: About Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

about.png

cc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, Help> System Info... top line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Still can't activate technology previews that supposedly shows animated tool tips: Under "Technology Previews" there is only "Use Modifier Keys Palette" and "Enable CC 3D Animations" but not 'enable paint symmetry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Those are options in the 18.x version. What version of Win are you running? And how are you launching the application?

If you go to C:/Program Files\Adobe\ do you see a folder 'Adobe Photoshop CC 2018'? And can you directly launch the Photoshop.exe inside it?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there's a folder 'Adobe Photoshop CC 2018' & if I start PS from there it works fine so Adobe installation didn't update the shortcut. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

my "Technology Previews" has no 'Paint Symmetry"Capturecc18.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines