• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prototype pages navigation missing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my prototypes are only showing the small home icon below the prototype window, so the only way to navigate through the prototype is using linked elements. What happened to the page numbers that used to appear beside the home icon at the bottom of the prototype screen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

We got a lot of feedback from customers saying that when arrows are available, their reviewers or users use them instead of clicking through a prototype. So, now, if artboards are wired, you won’t get arrows. If you share a prototype with nothing wired up from prototype mode, you will get arrows.

We we also thought that when writing comments it would still be useful to have arrows, so we kept them there.

joan

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also curious about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. it's missing and it's harder to navigate (specially if i need to explain people what they see in each page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found the navigation! page numbers visible only when the comment section is open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks for sharing the solution! This is weird, not sure when/why it was changed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, really helpfull.
I think they will leave it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We got a lot of feedback from customers saying that when arrows are available, their reviewers or users use them instead of clicking through a prototype. So, now, if artboards are wired, you won’t get arrows. If you share a prototype with nothing wired up from prototype mode, you will get arrows.

We we also thought that when writing comments it would still be useful to have arrows, so we kept them there.

joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, Joan.

This clarifying things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The arrows were definitely useful as I don't always wire up an entire prototype (as that is a lot of work and not always necessary). The page arrows made it possible to navigate through quickly without remembering exactly which pieces I had wired up and which one I hadn't.  Thankfully they are still there, just buried a bit deeper. Please don't ever remove them completely!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!!
It's really helpful!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't find this helpful.  There are cases where I want to demo it for the users, but it's difficult for them to find the right "blue" click target to get to other (similar) flows that I have in the artboard.  If you sequence the screens it shouldn't be a problem to have both - though I'll admit I wasn't able to leave concepts that I was still working on in the dartboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can they put in a switch that allows you to choose how the prototype compiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

There was some negative feedback received when we removed the navigation arrows from prototypes, so, this change was reverted and other solutions are being considered.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to ask when that update will appear in the CC menu, but of course it only involves changing the web page that you send people to, and so is live already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin,

Yes, the change is live since it is just a change on the web.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say "blue click target"? I have often wondered how you can prompt users to click certain elements. I always draw circles where I want them to click...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lesley,

On web prototypes, users get "hotspot hints". When they click on an area that has no clickable interaction, the areas that are clickable will highlight in blue for a brief second... something like 500 ms, maybe.  You might have missed it!  This is the default.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks Joan! I hadn't noticed that feature but will watch for it in the new prototype I am working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines