• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drag and drop image from Bridge into PS no longer drops dead center

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC 2017, I can drag and drop images from Bridge into PS daily/hourly and they always drop dead center whether dropping into an open document or just dropping in. Others have indicated dragging from one doc to another causes same issue.

When I do the exact same thing on the same computer in CC 2018, they drop off to the middle right.

Is this an unintentional problem like the Alt key modifier issue in Windows or ? Please let me know how to get what works in 2017 to also work in 2018.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jmeredith,

I have tried doing it at my end, it's working fine and letting me drop the image in the center of the opened document. could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop CC 2018 and share the results with us?

Preferences in Photoshop

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I am not the only one with this issue... you want me to TEST and see IF resetting my preferences restores ONE broken function but definitely kills ALL of my other functioning preferences and the problem may still not be resolved???

Adobe really needs to look at the Preferences file concept and consider splitting things up so that a customer doesn’t have to redo everything to possibly fix one issue. Better yet, bring back the Sync Settings functionality that was available a few versions ago and killed off for really dumb reasons i.e., as told to me by Adobe Staff... some customers could not figure out how to use it and rather than move servers, it was just deleted.

As soon as I have time to waste resetting all the functioning preferences that will get wiped during this reset, I will think about trying this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if you feel like you're being tested on, however this is a fairly new update and we have tried to reproduce the issue you are facing at our end and it's working as it should be working. I understand that resetting preferences takes the software back to factory settings  If you have important plugins or settings defined then you can create a new user account on your system with admin privileges and try to launch Photoshop there and let us know if the feature works in the new account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sahil, I tested this on a Mac, dropping from the finder, and I could reproduce it also. I was helping TA a class at MAX and showed Meredith from Adobe, the issue also. Copy and paste worked to center, but not drag and drop. Just tested with BR, and can reproduce on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines