• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hieroglyphs when copy from .pdf file to another file

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both files are attached. I think it is connected with fonts. Maybe someone has ideas how can it fix? Thanks!

What is the problem:

adama_adobe_1.png

What we need:

adama_adobe_2.png

Files:

Dropbox - PDF issue

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

This is related to fonts, but there is not much you can do. When the PDF file was generated, the application that generated it did not provide a table that maps the "drawings of characters" (or glyphs) back to the the character(s) they represent. One potential workaround is to export the document as image files, and then import these images back into Acrobat, and then as a final step run OCR on this newly created file. You should now get better results as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is related to fonts, but there is not much you can do. When the PDF file was generated, the application that generated it did not provide a table that maps the "drawings of characters" (or glyphs) back to the the character(s) they represent. One potential workaround is to export the document as image files, and then import these images back into Acrobat, and then as a final step run OCR on this newly created file. You should now get better results as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to do as you said. But Adobe can not recognize the text.

I have done: PDF - Image - PDF - Text Recognition - In This File - Primary OCR Language (Ukrainian) - Ok.

Nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I called it a "potential workaround" - in your case it did not work. Did you use a relatively high resolution for the image export (e.g. 600 dpi)?

Your only option (using just Acrobat) is to complain to the author of the PDF file and request a copy that is created with a better PDF generator. If you are open to using other software, you can try a dedicated OCR application (I keep Abbyy FineReader around for more challenging OCR jobs), to see if that would recognize the text in your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used a relatively higt resolution for the image (600 dpi) and nothing And I tried another file, Adobe Reader recognized the text.

A lot of thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines