Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tactile Feedback Delay?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

is anyone else experiencing delays on using shortcuts? I've experienced them and continue to. I have a brand new computer with a high speed and a brand new keyboard, so I'm certain it can't be a hardware issue. Also, all hot keys and shortcuts were behaving normally before the update to latest PScc. I don't understand what could have derailed these stable shortcut features. I mean, I guess they work if I press down really hard and long on my keyboard, but that really interrupts my workflow and derails my productivity. I am curious if anyone else is noticing delayed or stick key usage?

Stevey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Hi areinot,

Sorry that you're still facing the delayed response from keyboard shortcuts while using Photoshop. Photoshop CC 2018: Shortcuts using Alt key aren't working correctly (e.g. Alt-Backspace) | Photoshop Family Customer Com…

This issue was addressed in Photoshop 19.0.1 released in November 2017 available for both Windows and Mac. It seems you are not being prompted to install the update. Please refer this documentation Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications as

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stevey,

This is a known issue and we're working on it. The issue is seen mainly using the ALT+ hotkeys shortcuts.

Meanwhile, for a workaround, Please try hitting the "backspace" key twice before you use the shortcut.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Akash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, not sure if this has come to your awareness, but using the number pad on my keyboard behavior is peculiar. Typing in numbers into the character/ font window leading is broken I believe. I try typing in the specific amount of space between lines of type and the tool punches in completely random numbers.

Stevey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stevey,

This one is also something we've identified as a bug, and we are on it.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this? I've been yelling at my keyboard for months now

I am seeing a delay even with non-alt shortcuts like brush (B), fill (G), and move (V). I have trouble switching between these tools in quick succession. B to G may work, then back to B doesn't register and I have to press it again or wait 2 seconds.

Worse, sometimes the shortcuts will queue up or get shuffled. I'll press B to V to G, G won't register, I'll hit B again but get the move tool instead! When working fast, I've also noticed the [ and ] keys start cycling me through random tools instead of changing brush size.

I am on Windows 10 Photoshop CC 19.0. Looks like no 19.01 is available for PC as of yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi areinot,

Sorry that you're still facing the delayed response from keyboard shortcuts while using Photoshop. Photoshop CC 2018: Shortcuts using Alt key aren't working correctly (e.g. Alt-Backspace) | Photoshop...

This issue was addressed in Photoshop 19.0.1 released in November 2017 available for both Windows and Mac. It seems you are not being prompted to install the update. Please refer this documentation Available updates not listed for Adobe Creative Cloud applications as this should help in updating the latest version.

Share the outcome with us.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link.

My input lag problems were fixed by a full reinstall of Photoshop along with a deletion of all my preferences.

As a side note: I think on Windows version 19.0.1 is still called 19.0. I went through every other solution on that page to fix my Creative Cloud updating, none of which got me a newer version of Photoshop.

Help->System Info shows me version 19.0 released in November 2017:

"Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20171103.r.190 2017/11/03: 1143799  x64"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Yes r.190 is 19.0.1 despite the labelling. You have the current version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines