• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know why I get this error message every time startup Photoshop cc2018?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exception:ReferenceError:ExternalObject is undefined

I get this error popup during the startup of PS - each time I have to press OK 5 times and it goes away.

Does anyone know why and / or how to fix it please?

Thank you for your time.

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jiggsta01,

This seems to be related to a third party plugin/preset.

Could you please skip loading 3rd party plugins when you launch Photoshop and check if the issue persists.

Refer this article Photoshop plug-ins troubleshooting ​for steps to skip plugins while launching.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash.

Thanks for getting back to me. You are right, it is a plugin issue. I started PS up without plugins and there was no error messages. I followed the steps in the link but I can't actually find any PS plugins on my HD. I checked in all version folders as well as going into Application Support but there were only 2 plug-in folders that were both empty and the only PS plugin I could find was called 'FontExplorer X for Photoshop CC 2017.plugin'. I am not sure what to do from here, are you able to help me further please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I seem to get 2 different library folders by accessing holding down option and using the go menu but then I just found I have a visible library folder on my HD that seems to have a lot more content - most files say they were created at 1.02am yesterday but I still can't find Photoshop plugins - unless they are .zxp files? I found a heap of those. Either way I am not great with this sort of troubleshooting as my knowledge is limited and am confused as to why I have multiple library folders and how to find plugins. Hoping you can help or suggest a way I can get help to proceed? Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Photoshop CC 2018 is a major update from the previous version, few plugins that worked fine with the CC 2017 version might not be fully compatible with the latest version. I would suggest you to restore Photoshop default preferences to let go the plugins causing the issue, Refer Preferences in Photoshop

Make note of the plugins that you'll need, and reinstall them from the manufacturer's website.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I am not sure if this is a plugin issue: after starting up CC2018 without thirdparty plugins loaded, I still get the error message ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up KeesvanSurksum,

It's not an issue with all the plugins that we've seen, but few of them might cause the issue as it was with the OP.

Since you've verified that this error is not related to the plugins that you have installed on your computer, I'd need the Photoshop System info to check other installed components. You may PM me the report, Photoshop>>Help>>System info.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I have messaged you the system info, please get back to me when you get a chance to look at it. Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have not yet received help to fix this issue. Can anyone suggest anything to get this resolved please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines