• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 2018 - Where are my workspaces gone ?

Advisor ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My workspaces have disappeared after update from CC 2017. Now I have to reconstruct everything ? Tell me it's just a nightmare...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samoreen,

Did the option to migrate your preferences from previous version popped up the first time you opened Photoshop?

Also, did you checked this option while updating from Creative Cloud desktop app?

Image result for keep my settings creative cloud photoshop

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

> Did the option to migrate your preferences from previous version popped up the first time you opened Photoshop?

To be more accurate about this. Actually, the first time I could run PS was the second time I launched the new PS because the first time, I got the infamous error 16 bug (as well as when launching the new LR Classic and the new Bridge). As many users, I'm unable to run PS, Lightroom or Bridge without enabling the "Run as an administrator" option in the Properties of the corresponding .exe file. No progress in this area.

Until now, nobody at Adobe could explain why on many systems, running these programs as an administrator is mandatory. THere must some permission or UAC issue. If Adobe could inform us about the security settings required when launching these apps, I'd be grateful. I'm going to create a feedback about this permanent issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Samoreen for the feedback, Really appreciate that.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's maddening. Sometimes I think Adobe is just trying to drive us all stark raving mad. Every single time I update Adobe software I'm sorry I did. I spend hours getting it back in place, valuable time I could be producing. Save us from this ridiculousness, Adobe, please, for goodness sakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal workspaces even when CC 2017 is uninstalled still remain.

Here's a good thread on this: How do I export Workspace settings in PhotoShop CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Did the option to migrate your preferences from previous version popped up the first time you opened Photoshop?

No.

> Also, did you checked this option while updating from Creative Cloud desktop app?

No.

I fixed the problem by copying the workspaces from the CC 2017 folder in AppData.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me exactly where my workspaces folder is on my mac and where I need to move it to so I can get some work done today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Migrate presets, actions, and settings

To move these settings to a new installation, copy these files from the following path on the source installation to the same path on the target installation:

• Mac: <Username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC*<version> Settings and you should see the Workspaces folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines