Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem efxport Arabic XPS file into excel...?1

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have downloaded a trail version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC in order to test one task which is open XPS file which contain Arabic words and export it into Excel file but the Arabic text display with ? symbol. My question is Why it replace some Arabic words with ? symbol and how i can fix that ?

Regards,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Ok, the problem has been fixed by using Adobe Acrobat X not sure why in newer version have this problem when export to excel.

Both i used trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Acrobat have to do with converting an XPS file to Excel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first step to get the data from xps into excel file. I have a friend which he open XPS in Acrobat first and use Export as Excel Sheet and the file result from his pc excel file and arabic words display right without ? symbol but in my pc it will replace a spicific words with ? symbol not sure why. After this covertion i used a macro in order to get the correct info in final result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, the problem has been fixed by using Adobe Acrobat X not sure why in newer version have this problem when export to excel.

Both i used trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines