• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC who is it for? ranting while waiting for migration

Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have all my images in the cloud right now, LR catalog points to (just about 10TB) of images....so i am a prime candidate for LR CC, right?

i am migrating my catalog over to LR CC right now and since it looks like i will have a ton of time during which i can't access my image from anywhere (not classic or CC), i am looking into details i haven't looked at before starting this....

i knew there are no curves (really, no curves? who does this? i am surprised to find in depth controls on everything, BUT NO CURVES?)

i just found out that settings can't be pasted to more then one image at a time....hahaha.....apple photos was like that a few years ago, not sure if they changed that but that was when i knew it wasn't for me........

NOTE TO TEAM: photographers shoot quite a few shots of the same thing or scene...yes they do....

so LR CC is not for professionals? but what about the prices? 109.99/month for 10TB (or for 5.5TB btw) i think that would be straight up professional.....and even for that it is expensive....19.99 for 1TB, apple charges 9.99 for 2TB and apple is not known for being inexpensive afaik....

so no professional features, but professional prices....

also: support is horrible, chatting with people and researching answers to find out that they give incorrect information?

migration is at 22% after about 15hours.....great....and i am pretty sure no images will have been uploaded at 100%...but at least i can access one of the Los again...yeah!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10TB? Professional? No, you're not the target audience. You want Classic. Why are you migrating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because i already have my entire LR catalog in the cloud.....so it makes sense to have it all be part of one system....i use LR mobile quite a bit...

first thing i checked with LR CC is if my presets worth with it.....bingo....was able to bring all my presets into LR CC easily....and even better, i can now see the full preview of what that preset looks like applied! not just the little window in LR classic.....

i haven't been able to try this but i think i will work with CC and classic....import in CC, send everything to cloud and (according to adobe) those CC albums should then show up in classic as well, where i can do professional things like: apply settings to more then one image or export as TIFF (another head scratcher)

sooner or later these things will be ironed out....tethered shooting will be ok with classic, will have to look into that as well but again, i am positive there will be a solution .....

i firmly believe that LR CC is the right long term solution, i have put up with crawling LR performance for years and i don't use 75% of LR classic as it is but completely rely on its cloud features (incl sharing collection on web, adobe bechance and portfolio integration) so LR CC is it for me in the long run.....i just can't believe some of the things missing in v1...curves, paste to multiple files and TIFF export...none of which can't take too long to be implemented.....

as for price of service: i honestly believe it is too much, i have several cloud service going right now, this is quite a bit more then everything else, but it makes sense in my case....

and yes: LR/PS are professional....apple, google is offering much of the same features as LR CC for free, even professionals hate the adobe subscription model.....affinity, one, macphun,.......are all trying to come out to fill the void in between the free apple and google services and what adobe is offering....and for 99% of people all this other cheaper (non subscription) solutions might actually be better....so yes: i can't look at LR CC as anything but professional....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, great. Do you also have 10TB of extra space, as the migration will initially duplicate all of your photos?

(And if you like the sound of it, why the rant?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i do have the extra 10TB:)

because there are some glaring omissions i really did not expect that i had to come across since starting the migration....i don't understand why the entire sharpening subset is included in LR CC (awesome!) but i can't apply it to multiple images? i just don't get that....

same goes for TIFF export btw.....i would understand just doing jpeg, but raws as well? i guess because it might be the only way to actually get images out? haven't really thought that through either now that it came up......

the migration won't hurt my actual files or catalog, so worst case is i just go back to what i had....

it just amazes me when companies come out with these half baked things.....especially when they could be so great and it really does not take a lot more effort to just make them great....

i did not in any way expect tethered support or 3rd party support in v1....i get no printing and understand certain metadata limitations and i am honestly surprised about the depth of adjustments only to find no curves (???)  and no way to paste to more then one image at a time?

you don't think that is just strange?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have to agree, there are some really odd choices. In terms of all the sharpening sliders etc., that didn't need rewriting as it's all camera raw code that they've retained, and the UI was simple. Tone curves need a bit more UI work and just didn't make the cut. The lack of bulk sync/paste is the main thing I miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It's clearly not for me either. Fortunately, I did not migrate. I added a few folders from my last few shoots. I can't live without HDR merge as I shoot real estate interiors and use bracketed exposures. So it's no good for me. I'll continue to use LR Classic CC. What was Adobe's intent with this? It feels like they could have given it a different name and said it was another new app instead of positioning it as some type of replacement.

?/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is also a lot of confusion out there related to how adobe is handling this....

has anyone chatted with support? "there are no 2,5,10TB storage options", "nothing syncs between LR CC and classic"

the advise that folder structures will not translate over caused a lot of confusion and extra work for me: i was told that collection sets do not transfer over, even after asking about Folders in CC, which of course are now the way to organize albums.....and collection sets are now called folders for albums and are migrated fine (up to 4 levels?).....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines