• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why limited to two Installations?

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use Lightroom Mobile (iPad etc.) from as many devices as I want. For example: My iPad, my iPhone, my wife's iPad, my son's iPhone etc. They can all use and sync into the same "family" photo cloud.

So why is the PC version limited to two devices? In a family, one easily gets above this limitation.

Of course I understand if Photoshop CC or Lightroom CC Classic is limited in this way, but why the cloud version of Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Great question. It is currently limited to 2 installs but more would definitely be logical. Post it as a feature request at https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great question. It is currently limited to 2 installs but more would definitely be logical. Post it as a feature request at https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably has to do with the limitation on desktop creative cloud logins. You can install the CC programs on as many computers as you want but you can only be logged on to creative cloud on two at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the above reply, you can use it on as many computers as you want by using the web based interface as well.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T1nue  wrote

So why is the PC version limited to two devices? In a family, one easily gets above this limitation.

I think the key to the answer is the word "family." The Creative Cloud terms say:

Install You can install Creative Cloud applications on multiple computers, regardless of operating system.

Activate You can activate Creative Cloud on up to two computers.

Use You can use the software on one computer at a time.

That’s for an “individual Creative Cloud license.” That’s why it has the limitation for using it on one computer at a time regardless of the number of installations; the license is for an individual. A single person. It isn’t really set up for families.

Adobe has multiple-user licenses for teams and enterprise, but not families as far as I know. If you submit a feature request to Adobe, it would be good to point out that as far as the legal terms go, Adobe should make licensing easier for families as is already found on the Mac App Store (“You can use Apps on any device you own or control”) and for Microsoft Office 365 Home (“Best for households…install on 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 phones”).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion! I have handed in an "idea". If you want to vote: Lightroom CC: Allow for family usage, i.e. from more than two computers

Regards, Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines