Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Single Topic in Multiple Projects

Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in RH X5. I have a few independe nt RH projects - each developed for a different team within my organization. One project contains topics (data) that is relevant to the other projects.

I know I can import topics from one project to another, but I want to prevent having to update the same information in multiple projects. I've read about merging projects, but I don't need the entire contents of one project merged with the other projects - just a select, few topics.

How can I maintain a single topic and have it displayed in multiple projects without merging one entire project with another?

Thanks in advance :)
Eva

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eva

I suppose one approach would be to use an Inline Frame that pointed to the contents of an external HTML file. If you centrally located the common information, you could then point at it from the assorted Inline Frames.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you import all the projects into one keeping most of the content in discrete folders and use build tags to generate different outputs? Easier in later versions as you can apply the tag to a folder but still possible with X5.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm not familar with inline frames - is a feature within RH? I have used a frame set, but I can only select topics that are currently part of the project within a frame set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp