• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 - Multiple Breadcrumbs and Show/Hide Navigation

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question I hope someone is able to answer. I was tasked to work with RoboHelp for our existing webHelp and was attempting to generate it again so I could get the Index to show up. Upon generating the new webHelp, I have found many pages have two breadcrumb trails as well as two show/hide buttons. I am not able to figure out how to get the second of each to go away or why they are showing up in the first place. If I unchecked the boxes during the generation, both get removed.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you in advanced,

Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Larry

I would surmise that you have managed to overwrite your existing source files with WebHelp output files. This isn't a happy thing. You will first need to figure out how it happened (or is happening). Most likely, it's in the Publishing section.

Once you move the shotgun away from your feet, you need to clean up the existing topics. (or restore from a known good backup). To do this, take a look at the article linked below:
Click here to view the article

You will be interested in steps 4 through 7.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp is what we call the output and final product from RoboHelp. Actually, I overwrote the files in the new directory I created. Like the good developer I am, I created a new directory to work with generating the new files. I copied the .htm files into the new directory and the additional ones seemed to have gone away. What is the file that generates the Index. Can I just get this file and move it into the actual directory and have it read? (not sure if this makes sense)

quote:

Originally posted by: RoboWizard
I would surmise that you have managed to overwrite your existing source files with WebHelp output files. This isn't a happy thing. You will first need to figure out how it happened (or is happening). Most likely, it's in the Publishing section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, there's going to be a lot of collateral damage from your use of that shotgun!

The source files will contain several files with names based on the project name (MyProject.ali, MyProject.brs, MyProject.cpd, MyProject.glo, MyProject.hhc, etc.), other RH-specific files, and, of course, your topic and image files.

The output files will contain a "start page" (named by you and created by RH) with all navigation data such as frames, three wh*data folders that hold randomly-generated TOC/Index/Glossary files (HTM, JS, XML, etc.) other RH-specific files, and, of course, your topic and image files (including the default topic that will serve as your "home page," and is not to be confused with the previously mentioned start page).

Combining and/or replacing one group with another will, as Rick says, "isn't a happy thing."

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no collateral damage from using any shotgun.... I am very good at shooting, so it won't be my foot that gets hit.....

Thanks for the information. I was tasked with getting the index to work, but it does not seem like there is 1 file that represents the index that I can copy over. I guess I will have to figure out the best way to go about this.

Thanks,

Larry

quote:

Originally posted by: MergeThis
Wow, there's going to be a lot of collateral damage from your use of that shotgun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
HHHmmm....... Actually, doing a copy/paste with those directories seemed to have done the job. I will do some testing, but it appears as though that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp