• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPEGs showing alongside RAW files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've migrated my Lightroom classic catalog to CC. I am now seeing all my JPEG files alonside the RAW files. I've confirmed that the JPEG and RAW have the same filename, just different extension, and I can't find anything in the settings. Is there something wrong with my library, did something go wrong with the migration, or am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

LR CC 1.0 doesn't have a concept of raw+jpeg, so it imported the whole lot so you don't lose anything. If you only want one version showing in the grid, you either delete one format, or stick to Classic for the minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing. I often shoot raw + jpeg and would like the option in the new version of CC to combine them when viewing. Is this not possible yet?  What is the suggested workflow for people who shoot raw + jpeg and want to use the new cloud-based CC?  Should we just stick to Classic for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR CC 1.0 doesn't have a concept of raw+jpeg, so it imported the whole lot so you don't lose anything. If you only want one version showing in the grid, you either delete one format, or stick to Classic for the minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Victoria, that's what I figured.  So is it possible to use Classic and CC side-by-side but have them both use the same local folders?  Or does CC need it's own storage location?

Ideally, I guess I'd like to be able to import photos to Classic and then choose which photos to sync to the cloud.  I'd like to then be able to use CC once-in-a-while on both the same machine that I have Classic installed on and on other devices (like tablets, phones, etc. for small edits).  But for my main computer, I don't want to have to use up extra hard drive space just to be able to use both programs.  Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They'll use their own folders. I'll do some blog posts over the next few weeks on "a foot in both camps" type workflows. You could set CC to use minimal space on your hard drive, so it just downloads stuff as it needs it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but I use Lightroom Classic CC (Not Lightroom CC). It started when I "upgraded" to Classic. The JPEG files are next to my RAW files now, even though the "Treat JPEG as separate photos" is unchecked in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matsskoglund  wrote

I have the same problem, but I use Lightroom Classic CC (Not Lightroom CC). It started when I "upgraded" to Classic. The JPEG files are next to my RAW files now, even though the "Treat JPEG as separate photos" is unchecked in preferences.

If you're using Classic, that would have a very different cause. Post it at the Official Feature Request/Bug Report Forum at https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/new/add_details?topic%5B so the engineers can investigate that one.

Scratch that, I see you already have! Well done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to filter out the RAWs from the JPEGs? How about during import?

This is going to be real problem for, what I would say is the majority of photographers, in switching to CC. Most photographers I encounter import both RAW and JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at this point in time, but it's only version 1.0. Can I get you to add it as a feature request at Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community  so it's properly tracked and other people can vote on raw+jpeg handling. The number of votes will affect priorities in adding features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in Classic, has this been addressed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "same issue" is really quite different in Classic. Can you please clarify what your issue is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Classic LR when I import photos in from a folder where I have Raw+Jpeg. When I look at the photos using the grid view I see both the jpeg and the raw file in the filmstrip on the bottom next to each other.  I confirmed "treat JPG next to Raw as separate photos" is off in preferences . Same as matsskoglund  described earlier in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in LR Classic Version 7.4

Will it be resolved any time soon?

I import from Nikon D7100, where I store raw and jpeg on two different SD cards. Even though I unchecked the preference to keep raw and jpeg separately, both pictures would show up side by side in the grid view instead of a single picture "+jpeg".

This really an annoyance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

petero59447012​ and foxlynx99​, this is the Lightroom CC (cloud-native) forum. You want the Lightroom Classic one: Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like this is now a feature that can be voted on! Please login and vote to see this feature in the next Lightroom CC: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-cc-bug-raw-jpeg-not-stacked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines