• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG in Character panel in Photoshop 2018...can anyone HELP?

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to Photoshop 2018, I'm unable to change the leading of any of my text. This is a HUGE problem that wasn't there in the previous version. This seems to happen more on documents I had saved in the previous version of PS...less on new documents...but it's still a huge problem.

I should clarify...I AM able to change the leading by using the pulldown menu, however if I want to enter a custom value (which I DO!), it keeps defaulting back to 8.73pt...no matter WHAT I do or what size text I am using.

Needless to say, this is SUPER AGGRAVATING!! Does anyone else have this problem....or a solution to it?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

BTW...I'm running Photoshop on an iMac 27" with loads of RAM and the latest OS installed...in case that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

A couple of comments:

First , there is a workaround to your issue:

It looks like you may have the same problem as in this thread. It affects text that has been transformed:

Photoshop CC 2018 - line spacing tool failoure

If so, it is a bug that has been acknowledged and the following workaround should get you going.

a. Enter the leading value in the Properties panel.

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correct

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cyprogirl,

This is a known issue and has been logged as a Bug, our team is aware of this and is working on a fix for the same.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me Sahil. I really appreciate it, and hope a fix is out SOON! I really hate to say this, but in my opinion, this version of the software should never have been released without a LOT more testing. It's buggy as all get-out, in MULTIPLE ways!!! I'm having trouble with SOOOO many aspects of Photoshop now...that I NEVER did before!! I really wish I hadn't downloaded this software...it's been nothing but trouble, and now I can't go back to the previous version. It's extremely frustrating, to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of comments:

First , there is a workaround to your issue:

It looks like you may have the same problem as in this thread. It affects text that has been transformed:

Photoshop CC 2018 - line spacing tool failoure

If so, it is a bug that has been acknowledged and the following workaround should get you going.

a. Enter the leading value in the Properties panel.

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correctly in the Character panel

c. The value applied to the text will be the same as you entered and now shown in the character panel

Note : The workaround does not work backwards - you must enter in the properties box.

Second

You say you cannot go back to the previous version - you can. You can have older versions installed alongside the latest version (I have three versions installed here)

To do that go to the CC app - click the down arrow next to Photoshop and choose  "Other versions"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave...super helpful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears this issue is resolved with the latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines