• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 2018 - Undo (shift+CTRL+Z) randomly doesn't work?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys!

I recently updated to CC 2018 and I've noticed shift+CTRL+Z randomly stops working. It's a huge inconvenience in my workflow while illustrating.

Is anyone having this issue? I use the keyboard shortcut and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have to re-click the canvas (even though I haven't unclicked it) for it to undo. It's super cumbersome and it's driving me a bit nuts.

The only thing that's changed in my workflow is PS. I'm using a Wacom cintiq 13HD with Windows 10. But again, nothing in my workflow has changed, software/hardware.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi All,

This issue should be resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Please let us know if you continue to see this issue in the new version.

Check for App Updates

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here because I'm having the same problem, very frustrating. It's like I have to press them in a certain order for it to work wheras before I could just hit all three. It's hard to explain but I have to retry to undo constantly now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's so strange. Even right clicking with my pen doesn't seem to register?
And I literally just got my first ever Photoshop crash/not responding of my life. Sigh 😕

I'll just revert back to CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you re-install/update the Wacom drivers that should hopefully sort out your right click issue. The latest drivers came out on the 19th. The upper of the two side buttons on my pen stopped working until I did. I've now set this button to undo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fix, but a workaround is to press Ctrl+Z for your first undo, then you can Ctrl+Alt+Z following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my ALT shortcuts are working. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here - I have a 3 monitor setup and used a shortcut  ALT+CTRL+1  to load a workspace for the 3 monitors (I have several shortcuts programmed into a Cherry programmable keypad so I actually only have to hit a single key).  With CC 2017 I could hit the CTRL and ALT keys in any order but now, with 2018, I have to hit the CTRL key first.  Of course sod's law decreed that I had it wrong way round in the keypad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DavidRobot,

We have logged this issue as a bug and our engineering team closely working on this issue to get it fix asap.

You can refer the feedback link for the same.

Alt-Backspace taking two hits to work? CC 2018 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue should be resolved in Photoshop 19.0.1

If you don't see the Photoshop update in your Creative Cloud application, then click in flyout in upper right corner and choose "Check for App Updates".

Please let us know if you continue to see this issue in the new version.

Check for App Updates

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

the problem just popped up out of nowhere yesterday:

i was drawing and out of a suddon i couldn't use my shortcut undo (alt+ctrl+z) via my wacom pen.

Now i just updated and i just noticed that eventhough i have a subscription, my newest version i can update to is V 19.0 (?!)

You are referring to 19.0.1

I am running a Photoshop in german, does this have anything to do with it (well i couldn't imagine that, but i just want to drop this)

Anyhow:

I NEED MY UNDO VIA MY PEN(!) PLEASE HELP ME!

(the rest of the features of CC18 is great bytheway!)

Best,

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mightymax,

Photoshop displaying the incorrect version name after the 19.0.1 update and we have identified this issue. Please refer the below article to check the correct version of Photoshop.

Photoshop Version Displayed Incorrectly

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mohit,

thanks for the very fast reply, i really apprechiate this.

i do have 19.0.1 installed.

Unfortunately my stylus of my cintiq 27" wacom can't fire a alt+cmd*z via my penbutton anymore...

So my problem is still on:-/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am experiencing difficulty with my ctrl+alt+z in version 20.0.01.  Where I used to toggle with ctrl+z, now it behaves like ctrl+al+z in undoing each previous change.  And my ctrl+alt+z is toggling.  This is a huge annoyance as I have been  using the shortcut since version CS5.  I'm also having trouble with my delete button when using a text tool.  I can't delete several characters by holding down the delete button as I used to, but rather, I have to repeatedly press the delete key for each character I want to erase.  I have tried these functions in other programs like word and notepad and they work fine. Please help!

Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Precision with Intel xeon processor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Akash, I was just wondering about this same issue on older versions of Photoshop. Im running the latest version of CC 2017 on a Windows 10 Asus laptop. I can give more specifics once I am back to my machine but this issue just randomly popped up.

I am not running Photoshop 2018 because there were too many freezing issues on my machine and for these reasons I am hesitant to run 2019 (which is why I downgraded to the last known working/ stable version- CC 02017).

I was wondering if you could answer to this occurring in the 2017 versions so that I do not have to upgrade until 2019 proves to be ubiquitous and stable among other Photoshop CC subscribers.

Thank you,

-Jon LaFerriere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines