Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Student and Teacher Storage Upgrade

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title basically says it all.

I have a "Student and Teacher" plan ($20/mo) and just want to increase my Lightroom (not Creative Cloud) storage from 100MB to 1TB.

There is no clear way to add storage to this type of account, it seems -- is this not something that Adobe plans to support, ever, or is it something that just hasn't been worked through at launch?

Thanks, all..

\marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

There's a bunch of these oddities in the cart at the moment, so I don't think they tested all the permutations as well as they should have. Staff are looking into it though, so maybe give them a week or so to get their act together?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.

I'm after the first year, so I pay the $30/year price (I'm on All Apps plan), and for a while it was giving me options to upgrade, but to move up to 1TB, it would shoot the price up to $60/mo, with no options for more than 1TB. I contacted support, and they said this was the correct price, because they 'don't have any promotional offer on the Student & Teacher with 1TB'.

This is just stupid - I could buy the All Apps for $30, and on a separate account get LR with 1TB for $10, but of course if you use all the apps, it's not really practical to use multiple accounts.

I'm fine if they don't want to include 1TB in the S&T version, but just give me the $10/TB storage upgrade options that everybody else has! I'm very interested in moving my main library to it at some point, but I would need 2-3 TB.

I'm hoping this is just an oversight that they will correct soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a bunch of these oddities in the cart at the moment, so I don't think they tested all the permutations as well as they should have. Staff are looking into it though, so maybe give them a week or so to get their act together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right you are!

Today I finally had time to go back in and see if I could modify my plan.

Sure enough, it now gives me the option to change plans, and for each plan, I can select a cloud storage option that matches what I'm looking for.

Whew. All is good now.

I hope everyone's able to see those options now, should make things a lot easier.

Thanks everyone!

\marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it still is making me give up my All Apps discount. To go to 1TB (From 100MB), it have to go from 29.99/mo to 59.99/mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can sign up for the Lightroom CC plan with 1TB (one-year)‎ for $9.99/mo and it will give you 1.1TB of Lightroom Cloud space.  Sign up for it on your current account as if you're signing up for a new account through the lightroom page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting, thanks!

I find it odd that I can't "upgrade" my plan, but I can buy a second plan on the same account. I had assumed that I could have 2 plans on the same account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines