• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2018 would not start on my Win7 PC with message "Your application install seems to be damaged. Please reinstall the application"

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have succesfully upgraded from PSE 6 to PSE 2018 on my primary PC running Win7. PSE 6 continues to work but PSE 2018 refuses to start with above message, even after multiple reinstallation attempts with different choices.

Since I have another PC running Win 8.1 and, according to license terms, PSE may be installed on 2 PC's, I have performed the same upgrade with the same installation package on my Win 8.1 PC and PSE 2018 works perfectly there.

What may be wrong with my primary PC? All other Adobe products are working without issue.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Henri-Luc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

henri-luc  wrote

What may be wrong with my primary PC? All other Adobe products are working without issue.

Suggest that you make another attempt to install with your antivirus program disabled temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is a good idea but I had already tested a reinstallation with my antivirus disabled. This has no effect. I'm pretty sure the installation itself went correctly.

Henri-Luc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please try updating Adobe Application Manager once from Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager : Thank You

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anwesha,

I have also found some references to Application Manager as a solution for such issue, but I think this application is only needed for Creative Cloud applications, not PSE. However, I have downloaded the 10.0 version and executed it. This is a silent installation: no confirmation of successfull installation, no  entry in Windows Control Panel "Programs & Features".

Finally the issue persists.

Best regards,

Henri-Luc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

henri-luc  wrote

Finally the issue persists.

This is a new program which should be supported.. I would contact Adobe directly. Try to initiate a chat session and take it from there:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines