• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Blur is broken in 2018 - just reiterating.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use surface blur in an action for skin smoothing... and its no longer working. When I drill into the smart filter I see the image for a second then it disappears  - clearly a bug. Hope you all can figure this out quick because I pay rent with this stuff. Thanks and hope this reaches the right people.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did the same steps as you and no problems so far, i see the image, probably it's not a bugĆ². did you tried to reset preferences ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems here with surface blur, but I did see a similar question to yours earlier today.

I am using an AMD video card and driver.  What Video GPU are you using. Is in Nvidia ?  There have been other issues reported with the latest NVidia windows driver so if you are using the latest - it may be worth rolling back the driver and see if that temporarily resolves your issue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm on a Mac running Sierra.

It just creates a blank layer with no pixels.

It's an important part of my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until this gets resolved, you can install and use CC 2017 as part of your membership. That way you get your work done.

I have not noticed a problem with surface blur on my mid 2012 MBP running 10.12.6, but this is to be expected when CC 2018 leaves the confines of the "test bed" and is released into the "wild."

I don't know what you should be adjusting, but definitely file a report here: Photoshop Family Customer Community

...and listen to the wailing and gnashing of teeth from those who ditched their working copies for something ending in .0

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here also.  Running Mac OS 10.12.6 and when I updated to Photoshop CC 2018, my skin smoothing actions using surface blur quit working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Photoshop CC 2018 (19.0). 5K iMac, running High Sierra. Surface Blur works at some settings, and not at others. When the preview is missing, it fills the layer with gray. If the preview shows up, it works. EXTREMELY frustrating in a skin-retouching business environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're aware of the issue (Mac only btw), and are working to get a fix out to customers asap.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just upgraded to 19.01 to fix the healing brush and leading text bugs amongst others. Now that I'm starting to use 2018 I've noticed that surface blur is slow - super slow. Like really really slow. I used to crunch through 1GB images in a few seconds, now it's a couple of minutes per image. Sloooooowwwwwww. Anybody else notice this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Photoshop Elements. I have the 2018 version. My blur tool is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should ask in the Photoshop Elements forum: Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines