• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any value to LR CC with only 20GB storage

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After accidently installing it appears that this product always sends full resolution originals to the cloud no matter what. Can't make that stop. If I shoot a day and go over 20GB as usual you are going to auto upload 25GB to the cloud. But I only pay for 20GB. Does the tool stop working? Do I get charged an overage like my cell phone provider would do? Am I forced to pay for a more expensive plan? Why does Adobe bother including LR CC with the standard photo plan and 20GB storage?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Adobe is providing this as an option for those who may wish to migrate from a catalog system to a photos everywhere system, all done automatically. If you have never used Lr iOS or Lr Android and don’t need cloud sync, the new Lr Classic would probably be a natural progression.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is providing this as an option for those who may wish to migrate from a catalog system to a photos everywhere system, all done automatically. If you have never used Lr iOS or Lr Android and don’t need cloud sync, the new Lr Classic would probably be a natural progression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, I am going to use LR CC strictly for my mobile photos and those photos from LR Classic that are in sync'd collections. I finding that to be an easy way to get photos for Instagram and Facebook onto my iPhone or iPad. For now, I don't need much online space in LR CC.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finding that to be an easy way to get photos for Instagram and Facebook onto my iPhone or iPad

Do you know about the LR/instagram and facebook plugins for Lightroom Classic? The facebook plugin is already built in and the LR/instagram plugin is a free download. You can post to instagram directly from Lightroom Classic that way and the facebook plugin allows you to post directly to facebook. No need to go through the cloud to an iPhone or iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions. I will take a look at them. I have two reasons for using LR CC mobile:  1, I want to learn how it works and 2, my PC at home is my main LR Classic machine that I use to sync collections to mobile.  When I’m away from home with my MacBook or iPhone I like to process and post. So, I’m trying LR CC to see how that will work. I’m open to improvements in this workflow.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's more or less the workflow I am using now. I use LR Classic on my main machine. Selectively sync some collections to the cloud and they all show up on LR mobile and on any machine where I run LR CC and are editable and changes sync back to Classic. Only issue is that LR Classic will only sync smart previews and doesn't sync full resolution raw files. If it could sync full raw files, it would be perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines