Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Files

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!
I use a computer which originally had two accounts.
One for an admin, one I created for general use.

I rarely ever used the admin account and done all work on the general account.

My sibling had problems with their PC, so they asked to use mine.

I then quickly created an extra account; Extra.

So the accounts would be:

General (mine), Admin, and Extra (for sibling)

The problem started with Adobe Photoshop (CS6).

My sibling on Extra used PS to create some artwork.

Now, I hadn't realised until the next day, when I logged on to General (my account) and went to hit open, then it showed the last opened location accessed by Photoshop on the PC -- basically my sibling's Photoshop files.

On my old PC we never had this problem.
Now, if I open/access any of my Photoshop files, when my sibling logs on to Extra, he clicks "open" and it directly locates into the General User's (mine) last open folder location that was used.

I have tried playing around with the properties and sharing, no luck. Someone help, please!
I don't want to see their work and them to see mine. How do I prevent it the PC from opening up the Photoshop's last accessed file as a whole and restrict it to the last file opened by the user using it. E.g. My sibling created and last accessed a file called "Headshots.psd", and my last was "Mermaids.psd", so that when my sibling uses it next, it shows "Headshots.psd" and not "Mermaids.psd" (which would have been the last open file on Photoshop according to the PC)

Oh, by the way, when using Photoshop, we have to access it through using the Admin's account password because of unknown credentials or something.
And when the last file is not removed from the "Open Recent", other users who log on and are on Photoshop can see the same file on "Open Recent" -- unless it is removed, then it removes it for all. It seems Photoshop is 'synced' or linked somehow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the fact that you're both running as admin means you both get the same settings. You need to fix the problem that's causing you to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to remove it. Before opening Photoshop, it prompts the user to input admin password for permission before using it. The icon is the standard Photoshop icon but with the blue and yellow shield on the corner of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's normal Windows security. It's messed up do nothing is working right. Try this page to understand how to set it File and Folder Permissions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really understand the link you have posted. But say I am using a standard user account, this is what the icon looks like, needing Admin permission before using it.Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it, that shield does indeed mean the software is set up to run as administrator. You have to stop that. Perhaps you can run it from the start menu. To solve this "Unknown credentials or something" message a good starting point is to capture that message, the details may be very important. (Or unhelpful).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The start menu also shows the shield. I am really stuck here. I've heard other people didn't have this problem even though the shield was present, in need for admin permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines