• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't remove previously synced Lightroom mobile photos from CC cloud storage.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm interested in trying out Lightroom CC but am having issues with cloud storage space. With Lightroom 6 I had a number of collections synced for Lightroom Mobile and after downloading CC it apparently uploaded full-rez versions of all those collections and quickly ate up all my cloud space. In Lightroom Classic (I have since upgraded that as well) I clicked to stop syncing all the collections in Classic and the "Albums" disappeared from  CC but the photos themselves are still in the cloud taking up all my space. Trying to delete any of them in CC removes them from CC, the cloud, mobile, and Classic and I have no options to simply purge them from the cloud as I no longer want them in the cloud or CC right now.

I'd prefer to just upload recent photos (say 2017) through an exported catalog from Classic, but have no space to do this due to all my old mobile collections using all my space.

On a separate issue, I'd be willing to upgrade to 1 TB space at least temporarily so I have space for most of my collection, but I'm on a students and teacher plan and there's no $15 1TB update like there is for non-student/teachers. I have a $20 plan available but as other current Lightroom + Photoshop users have a $15 option I'd appreciate this as well...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

There is no selective sync from Lightroom CC. You can only do that from Lightroom Classic. So in this case I'd recommend going back to your old workflow and just working with the files synced from Lightroom Classic and NOT migrating your catalog to Lightroom CC. If your originals are still all in Lightroom Classic, the only way to accomplish this is likely to reset the cloud storage completely and then to resync the collections you want synced from Classic. Make sure you have no files that only

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no selective sync from Lightroom CC. You can only do that from Lightroom Classic. So in this case I'd recommend going back to your old workflow and just working with the files synced from Lightroom Classic and NOT migrating your catalog to Lightroom CC. If your originals are still all in Lightroom Classic, the only way to accomplish this is likely to reset the cloud storage completely and then to resync the collections you want synced from Classic. Make sure you have no files that only live in the cloud. Those you should first download and reimport into Lightroom Classic. Then when you go into Lightroom CC do NOT migrate your catalog. This way you can work on your images both in Classic and in Lightroom CC and on your mobile devices. The only disadvantage of this is that Classic will only sync smart previews and not full res raw files. For most purposes this is just fine.

On a separate issue, I'd be willing to upgrade to 1 TB space at least temporarily so I have space for most of my collection, but I'm on a students and teacher plan and there's no $15 1TB update like there is for non-student/teachers. I have a $20 plan available but as other current Lightroom + Photoshop users have a $15 option I'd appreciate this as well...

I am sure at some point they will add these options to the business and student and teachers plan. It appears they have been quite overwhelmed with the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines